Anyone good with woodworking?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My father is a collector of old baseball cards and there's these three that he displays proudly on the dining room buffet. These three cards are from 1909 and are cigarette cards of a famous double-play trio, Tinkers, Evers, Chance of the Chicago Cubs. He has these displayed with a plastic stand that is used for decorative plates and whatnot. For Christmas I would like to get a stand made and a plaque that is placed on the stand with the poem "Baseball's Sad Lexicon". If anyone has a skill with creating cool things with wood please let me know. I will draw something up and post it here soon. I will pay with cash or bicycle parts:D. I'm not looking to spend more than $20-25 for the wooden base though. PM me if you're interested in working something out.

Here is my sketch

The card are only about an inch wide themselves. All three are in a card holder that is about 6"-6.5" X 4"

Whatever gets it done makes me happy lol. I just want it to be stained and lacquered and look nice.

I would like it in my hands before Christmas.

Id like it to match the piece of furniture that it will be presented on. I don't know the color off of the top of my head. I'll ask my dad

here's the buffet and here are the cards

i hope you can match the color off of that

I believe its a maple. The table has a card underneath that says maple and that's a matching set with the buffet.

I like projects... Let me mess around in the garage tomorrow, see what I can come up with. What color stain/wood grain are you thinking?

Hey jlr551CFD, did you come up with anything?

OOOO I'm excited :D

Latest posts

Back