Apollo Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another scrub clean, tire change, longer crank swap, reflector housing and, sissy bar lengthen build in the books. I've built a couple scratch built bikes with some questionable geometry in the past. Having said that, this is the most squirrely riding bike of any I've ever been on. Still like the looks though. See the build thread here.

01_sideview01a.jpg

02_rear3qtr.jpg

03_frnt3qtr.jpg

04_sideview02.jpg

05_reflection.jpg

Last edited:
Simple and clean. Still really like the reflector housing you made. What makes it so squirrely?

Thanks. Sorry for the delay in responding. Regarding being squirrelly... the frame seems to have a *ton* of flex. At first I thought it might be the extended sissy bar but, this is basically the same modification I made in the Sportmaster build and there isn’t the same ride feel with that one. Best description I guess is that the Apollo feels like riding a swing bike. The head tube flexes in one direction, the rear wheel/dropouts in another. You have to kind of be delicate with it to get the impression that everything is trying to go in the same direction.

Great looking bike. I have two Apollos, neither as nice as this one. I can confirm that they flex like nobody's business, so you have to go easy on them. But they get loads of attention; people love them. The color on this one is fantastic.

Funny because looking at it you would think it must be sturdy! Sounds like driving and old 60's car, you make a turn and you feel like you're in a boat...Took a lot more skill to drive cars back then! I guess bikes are no different. I took the chopper bike out for a run and with that rake on the forks you have to be real careful how much you turn the handlebars, a little too much and you're eating asphalt!

Beautiful clean refurb build. I flipped one of these Racers a few years back. Great looking muscle bikes. CONGRATS!

Latest posts

Back