"Apple of my Eye" Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know its a late start and I didnt think I would have an entry this year but since this came up I guess im in! My Daughter has wanted me to build a Bratz bike for her since Ive had the frame for 6 months,but the parts were so cheap and rusty it wasnt worth saving...Then today I scored all the parts I need where I can just use the Bratz frame and make a 20" Cruiser that will be perfec for her.We went and let her pick her color and stripped it down and painted it up and she loves it.I will probably assemble it today and let her ride the wheels off of it! I realize its no where near as complex as most BO7 bikes but since I not modifying the frame I figured Id enter it...
bratz7.jpg
bratzparts.jpg
bratz8.jpg

Re: Apple of my Eye 20" Cruiser

Thanks Peatbog :D Well this didnt take long about a 4 hour build but She was so happy it was worth the rush!! Im probably going to make some fenders ,chainguard,and head light but she riding it like it is for now!
bratz9.jpg
bratz10.jpg
bratz11.jpg
bratz12.jpg
bratz13.jpg

Peatbog said:
Dang, now there is one happy kid! Looks like you already won. :p
I second that! I have to show this to my son. He wanted to join the buildoff but he's cowarding(not what I wanted to say)!! Great job so far cuz ya got more time. If ya can get her off it. :mrgreen: Way to go Daddy-O!! Peace

Thanks Fellas!!!! This afternoon we made a front fender and put on some Pepsi can valve caps she picked out....more to come 8) :mrgreen:
bratz14.jpg
bratz15.jpg

Peatbog said:
Jake Sensi said:
Peatbog said:
Dang, now there is one happy kid! Looks like you already won. :p
I second that! I have to show this to my son. He wanted to join the buildoff but he's cowarding(not what I wanted to say)!! Great job so far cuz ya got more time. If ya can get her off it. :mrgreen: Way to go Daddy-O!! Peace

Hey, Jake's son, get ta building! You know you have the right genes for it!

I agree.Sprinkle some knowledge on him and tell him to Get Ta Buildn Jake 8)

Man. that bike turned out cool so far and her smile is pricless!!!!!!! Glad she is putting her own touch on it too.

Great build!!!

And Lil' Jake. GIT TA BUILDIN!!!!!!!

Thanks Kingfish, I got an idea for a chian guard we will see what happens tomorrow.She has all ready put a couple miles on it :D

Just a pic for size
bratz16.jpg

Well I cut up 2 different chain guards but nothin looked right .The problem is they were made for bigger chain wheels and anything I find that is small enough is made of plastic.I might have to make one from scratch....

I found a chainguard today that I can modify to fit :D pics coming soon!!!!

Heres the guard,time to cut,strip,and paint it up!!
bratz17.jpg

Re: Apple of my Eye New springer and chainguard

I decided to add a springer front end and move the fender to the rear while I waited for paint to dry on the chain guard...why not!!!
bratz23.jpg
bratz18.jpg
bratz19.jpg
bratz20.jpg
bratz22.jpg
bratz21.jpg
bratz24.jpg

Re: Apple of my Eye New Springer and Chain Guard

Loving the springer!!!
I bet your apple will love it too.
Just showed my wife her Carol Marrol pose.

Re: "Apple of my Eye" New Springer and Chain Guard

Thanks Kingfish,The best part of this build is watching the creativity she has and the happiness that glows on her when it comes to life...I didnt think I could get it back on the bench to finish it up because she rides it like crazy!!!Well heres the chainguard unmasked and we did a respray on the bars too!!!
bratz27.jpg
bratz28.jpg
bratz26.jpg
Shes got her eyes on a rack for the back so we will see if we can make it fit....

I really love the builds that have a great story with them too!!!!

Tell her that Kingfish said "You Go Girl!!!"

This is turning out sweet!!!

Thanks Fellas,Ill try and sort out the rack this week and maybe a headlight and bell!Times runnin out.....

Heres the rack she had her eye on,covered in the beloved rust...Were gonna strip,shorten and paint it up
bratz29.jpg

You would get my vote just based on the picture of your little girl with that big smile on her face...But the truth is...It's also a really cool looking bike! I'm wanting to do something like this for my Godson...maybe soon...and I still have a couple of years before I have to have a Ratrod Tricycle done for my Grandson...But You, the bike, and your daughter's smile have inspired me!

Joker-n-Jack said:
You would get my vote just based on the picture of your little girl with that big smile on her face...But the truth is...It's also a really cool looking bike! I'm wanting to do something like this for my Godson...maybe soon...and I still have a couple of years before I have to have a Ratrod Tricycle done for my Grandson...But You, the bike, and your daughter's smile have inspired me!

Thanks Joker!!!!! My Daughter was after me for a while to build a ol Bratz bike I picked up a while back and the build off inspired me to get it done.Just seeing her creativity and hapiness makes it soooo worth it!!Heres a Trike and wagon I did for my nephew a while back...
camera-Sophia3.jpg

Latest posts

Back