ARISE! Sir Loin of Beef hit's the pavement!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sir Loin of Beef

Great build and attention to detail.........very nice!

that fabric covered wire is really a nice touch 8)

Put the front brake on last night. Pics coming.

That is some beautiful wiring to say the least. my first impulse would be to hide that inside the truss, but there is no need to hide things if it looks that good exposed. Form follows function looks best when you can pull it off. good job.

KOTA said:
karfer67 said:
i agree but come on kota outlaw has this all wraped up. mine cant hold a candle to his lady :mrgreen:
Just tell the "ladies" what they WANT to hear........Then we do what we REALLY want to do........I say we chip in and buy a case of TISSUES :cry: ........cause they're gonna have ISSUES. :D

how does the saying go? .... "Ladies First?"

C'mon, it's just the honorable thing to do... let the ladies go first! Unless of course the ladies and the british split the non-cantilever vote :shock: , and just hand it to them :wink:

by August there is going to be a long list of worthy winners. I agree that this bike belongs on that list.

I had some S.S. braided hose covering in my stash so I cut a piece and covered the brake cable. I had some white brake pads from a girls bike I found at the dump.

P1011871.jpg

P1011872.jpg

I have to stop by the bike shop tomorrow to pick up a shifter cable. I have a couple ideas for that also. So far including tires, I only have $70 into the bike

Dang! There are a lot of really nice bikes in the buildoff, But this is still my favorite bike this time around. I love all the unusual parts and nice touches like the braided hose and cloth covered wire.

Well I picked up the shifter cable tonight, hooked er' up and went for a ride. I don't care if I get a single vote, what a comfortable, fast and solid bike. I used a 22 tooth sprocket and she climbed the big hill on my road like nothin. I rebuilt the Sturmey 3 speed, coaster brake hub so I was crossing my fingers for no problems. I hate to brag but it shifts and brakes perfectly. I'm really pleased with the appearence and the dynohub is nice and bright. A few more details and she's done. I'm very happy. :D :D :D :D :D

ej599 said:
Well I picked up the shifter cable tonight, hooked er' up and went for a ride. I don't care if I get a single vote, what a comfortable, fast and solid bike. I used a 22 tooth sprocket and she climbed the big hill on my road like nothin. I rebuilt the Sturmey 3 speed, coaster brake hub so I was crossing my fingers for no problems. I hate to brag but it shifts and brakes perfectly. I'm really pleased with the appearence and the dynohub is nice and bright. A few more details and she's done. I'm very happy. :D :D :D :D :D
Its nice when it all comes together, and you should be very happy.....heck your bike makes me happy,I will be real happy if mine even comes close to looking that goodhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9K4BKkLaCI&feature=fvst :lol:[/url]

i like the strategically placed bars/grips so we cant see what you did with the plaque :wink:
this is turning out really good(wait a second!!!! youve got flipped bars :p :p :p )

I took the tool box back off and polished it up on my bench grinder with an 8" cloth wheel and brown polishing rouge. Also in the pic you'll see the little metal shifter cable pulley I knew I had but couldn't find for a week! :x Finding a misplaced part while building a bike is like winning a battle within a war. You're not done yet but it sure feels good! :D

P1011883.jpg

The only thing left is to stop at the bike shop and get some of thse lead cable ends and final cleaning.

Finished it up today. Started the 'photo shoot'. I enjoy that almost as much as building it but not as much as riding it! One thing is for sure, them white tires don't stay clean too long. I must look like a stooge carrying this thing around to keep the tires clean. Once I done with the pics, I won't care too much.

Re: Sir Loin of Beef-Giving you guys the bird.

Sir Loin of Beef has has issued a royal decree that I photograph him in such a way that shall amuse the pheasants...What's that Sire? Oh, peasants-you said peasants. :oops:

P1011924.jpg

Having fun with the photo shoot. Today we'll be traveling to exotic loacations. :D :) :| :roll: ......I'm so easily amused. :lol:

Latest posts

Back