Artifac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Early 70's Windsor (Mexico Mfg) frame; seat stays toast, rack no longer, bent fork & handlebars and frozen bottom bracket. Like the lines of the frame. No idea where this is going.

Cresent1.jpg

Last edited:
I second decide as you go that is my plan this year.

Began early stage of mockup: Eliminated the faulty seat stays, installed part of a springer front end to take place of the seat stays. The center stand will not stay, just needed something to hold the bike in place until I can dig out my bike stand. Long ways to go.
Artifac1_zps4c5e3097.jpg

Artifac2_zps9d0c5805.jpg

Last edited:
You got that paint stripped fast. I like the idea of using the springer bars for the seatstays.

I kept looking at the picture where the seatstays connect to the seat because I was wondering if that bolt was enuff to support the weight without cracking the frame but it looks like that's the way the frame was built. Really cool frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a little background on the room where the bike is sitting? I see a lot of cool stuff going on there... :cool2:

Thanks. This is my low tech shop (drill, ginder, saw & hand tools). I repurpose almost anything from auto/motorcycle, industrial stuff & an occasional bicycle. I have a Facebook pages under Kenspeckle Works & ReSicycle Bike Company if you want to checkout my "dream junk" creations. It's just a way to keep idle hands & mind out of trouble.

I see a lot of lights and gears turning in that room...cool build
Appreciate your interest. I make stuff out of discarded objects and participate in local art shows & swap meets; kinda like a poor man's salvage dawgs.

2nd stage of mock up: Rod Breaks & low slung seat. Thinking porch swing springs added to the seat rear struts for some comfort.

Artifac3_zpse40638cf.jpg

Latest posts

Back