auction bikes...need values!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a few bikes at an auction a week ago and am wondering what kind of value they actually have for re-sale to the general public?

The first one is a 1962 Schwinn Typhoon 24". Its in generally good shape, just needs a little clean up. It does not have fenders (not sure if you could get them without) but is otherwise complete. It needs tubes and possible tires.

Then theres the Penneys Foremost 26" womans bike. It needs tires and tubes, nothing else. Like the Schwinn, it needs a little clean up but is in great shape.

Any insight on a value with these 2 bikes would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Your Tyhoon will be lucky to fetch $175 and the Penny's Formost probably coming in at $100 to $150 on a good day. Depends on the area in which your selling them although they are both in descent shape. In an area starved classic bikes, I'd maybe say an extra $50 each is possible.

Wow, nice! I paid $44 for the pair of them so thats great news! I will clean them up, put new tires and tubes on them both and throw them up on CL.

Latest posts

Back