Autorama???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone around the mitten going to the Grand Rapids Autorama next weekend? As of right now there should be atleast two FBMGL bikes represented and it would be cool to have more. Here is a link to the the shop, Petri & Sons, hosting the event http://www.petribikes.com/ If interested contact Debbie through the website ASAP. If you just happen to be in the area stop by and say hi...Kelly

Look forward to meeting you Dingo. Is the Detroit international show this weekend? It looks like we will also be doing the Detroit Autorama in March so mark your calanders...Kelly

nogoodnic42 said:
Anyone around the mitten going to the Grand Rapids Autorama next weekend? As of right now there should be atleast two FBMGL bikes represented and it would be cool to have more. Here is a link to the the shop, Petri & Sons, hosting the event http://www.petribikes.com/ If interested contact Debbie through the website ASAP. If you just happen to be in the area stop by and say hi...Kelly

are you going to be there all weekend?? just wondered so i can try to get up there to meet you chainy and gigs

Yes all three of us will be there all weekend, stop in and say hi...Kelly

You mean they got an Autorama there too, everybody is always copying Sacramento-chuckle,chuckle. I'm going to the Sacramento Autorama this year, if only to see College Cyclery's collection in different lighting. Should we start a thread for Sac?

I'm not positive but I think the Autorama was originated in Detroit in the early '50s and is the home of the coveted Ridler Award...Kelly

*edit* point taken, GaryLee

Might roll up to GR, depending on the weather and such, also am trying to go to Detroit this year, havent done it since i was like 6..

according to the website for detroit, it's been going 56 years, and http://www.hotrodshows.com the Sacramento Autorama has been going for 58 years, and is the seond oldest car show in the world. I've been a few times, starting when I was a toddler. I come from a long line of gearheads, my grandpas cousin John Westergaard use to have a shop here in Sacramento, where George Barris learned his 'mad skillz". I realize 58 is only slightly greater than 56, but Sacramento is so full of custom vehicles it's ridiculous, and always has been. I don't want to bag on Detroit, cause I've never been there. Of course everybody I know that has bags on it- (my brother in law is from Flint)-LOL.

1907: THE NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW

The rich history began with the first DADA-managed Detroit Auto Show held in December 1907, at Riverview Park after the formation of the DADA in the same year. Since then, the show has grown from a regional event with 17 exhibitors to a world-class showcase featuring more than 60 exhibitors.

http://www.naias.com/SubPage.aspx?id=246

garylee said:
my grandpas cousin John Westergaard
Thats a pretty cool piece of history there, one of my ICONS. you dont have any pics, do ya?

Upper Class White Trash said:
1907: THE NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW

Different show, NAIAS is the "CONCEPT CAR" Show...

This could turn into aone "kick-donkey" get together! Everyone that can make it out to Grand Rapids should! Just seeing Gotavan's bike is worth the admission! Them lowrider fellas are gonna load their Dependz!

As far as the Detroit show goes, it has taken a hit every year on the calibre of vehicles at the show. In the early 80s it was nothing for them to have so many cars that they used some of the parking complex for the custom vans and 4x4s. Motorcycles were virtually non existent. Now there's almost as many cycles and vendors as there is vehicles. Still cool but not what it could be!

That's why we're taken over, one FreakBike at a time!

I'm about 15 minutes from Flint and we ride around that area all the time. So if you get up this way or your brother inlaw rides, get ahold of us!

Well everything is going great at the autorama.

We have one more day to go!!!!

Still looking for fellow freaks! Make sure that you come and let us know your from the board.

We have gotten some people that are really interested in joining us some of our rides.
It is lots of fun.

We are looking forward to the next show in Detroit. have lots of ideas to improve our display for the detroit show.
Hope that more of us rat rod/freakbiker's can enter into the show!

We will post some pictures as soon as we can.

heck yeah, I was there Friday and entered my bike, on my way out to park the truck I met Chainy and gigs just getting there. Kelly arrived shortly after and we started setting up. The rat rods are my favorite part of the show, and thy even had a bike in with them.
ratmobiles.jpg

Chainys last minute substitute after a night of thrashing on a new bike
chainy.jpg

kelly's bike with primer paint job
kelly.jpg

All three of our bikes
autoram.jpg

Most of the other bikes were like this one, no primer in sight, lots of shiney bling
clown.jpg

I will be going back later today with my grandson to pick up the debris.

I had a great time at the show and it was good to see some of the Freaks again. We showed up all in black primer (not planned but we made a nice contrast to all of the bling there), had alot of fun, the crowd seemed to dig us, we introduced a bunch of people to kustom bikeing, and we brought home a handful of trophys. I'll try to get some pictures up tomarrow...Kelly

As promised here are some pics. I'm splitting them up between RR, Freakbike Nation and Chopper Bicycle.

The Freaks were there with their own address
chainsaw020mp4.jpg

Heres Giggs (aka...Dora) posing with herself
giggs055wy9.jpg

Cool little custom Pixie
giggs023ed6.jpg

Thought the trike with its own DJ booth was cool
autorama056wb7.jpg

Really nicely optioned Orange Krate
autorama072br1.jpg

This girl won a radio station contest and her prize was she got to build her own bike with her choice of parts donated by our hosts Al Petrie and Sons Bicycles. She did a nice job IMO
autorama019dt7.jpg

They also built and donated a bare metal cruiser to be pin striped and auctioned off for charity
giggs053rz4.jpg

autorama2004uo1.jpg

autorama2003hk4.jpg

As Dan mentioned there was alot of bling there. Heres the winner of the bling, he has a trailer with a stereo, TV, DVD, and video game that the kids played all weekend.
autorama2040ry9.jpg

Oh yeah there were cars there too, let me know if you would like to see more cars and motorcycles, I have lots of pics to share
autorama028tv3.jpg

nogoodnic42 said:
Oh yeah there were cars there too, let me know if you would like to see more cars and motorcycles, I have lots of pics to share

I'm sure I speak for others when I say - YES PLEASE!

Latest posts

Back