Autumnic Dog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember those. I used a set of Kenny's from that chess set for Fugsley
WP_000958.jpg
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac348/kingfish254/Dune Thuggy/WP_000958.jpg

Still not accomplishing much, but my seatpost from slowriderz arrived a while ago and I began the tedious task of stripping the paint. I hope to get it all painted and good to go for Saturday as I have a brew pub ride to go on, but I might just piece it back together before I paint it as I want to see how she rides anyways.
10606169_10155929736370556_154929814367628075_n.jpg

Glad to see you are still plugging away.
Love that guard

So I have been plugging away diligently over the last 2 days.......2 days that my wife must've felt like a single parent to our two year old boy. I really don't have much else to get done now as all I really need is to pinstripe my chainguard (which I've never attempted before) and attach it to my bike, put on my grips, and to get and install a chain. I really want to go on a brew pub ride with some friends Saturday night but I work tomorrow morning as a mailman, and tomorrow night as a bartender, and that's why I've been going hard at it.

As you can see by this pic, the frame was blue originally and was painted black at some point

Stripping rust and paint is dirty work

Forks painted

Bare frame

Painted frame

Partially assembled with the bars in an upright position

And with the stance that I prefer

Chainguard painted with the grips in pic and the stick on pinstripes that need to be applied

And one pic of my little guy

Funky color mix, but it all works so well together. Great job!
What paint did you use? Is that the Rustoleum Metallic Sienna Mist ?
Love the stance of this bike. Flows nicely.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I finished the Autumnic Dog on Friday before I had to go and work my second job at the bar, so I had to wait until yesterday to take it for a test ride. It rides really well, but is going to be a flat land bike as the hills are tough with the one gear.

Kingfish, this is the rattle can I used for the frame and chainguard.

I had to shorten and install a chain so I bought a chain breaker and I also was lacking a frame clamp for the coaster brake so I just Mickey-Moused one from some steel strapping.

Here she is all finished.

And some pics on my ride Yesterday.

Latest posts

Back