B-52 trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trike is under a dust layer ... because i'm working a lot on my house (electricity, floor, windows, walls,...)

So, i decided to change the size of the rear wheels, it will be in 24" x 100mm instead of 20" x 100mm probably too small and i love the idea that the saddle is under the top of the wheels... :mrgreen:

I hope to continue soon, but i'm still lokking for good twin calipers (mechanical) for my dual front brakes... not easy to find :(

I've decided to mount short cranks (140 mm) to be "comfortable".

LukeTheJoker said:
Just glad you have not given up on it! Looking forward to your progress reports whenever they may be...

Luke.

:lol: I'm still thinking about it, i don't give up BUT it's really hard to find a dual set of caliper (left and right)...

No real update to show because of the work on my other bike that i will probably ride more often and sunny days are coming :mrgreen:

For my tripple trees, i found someone who can do it on CNC just for few euros 8), i just have to finish exactly the plans.

Question 1 : i have a shock absorber, do think it could be use under my saddle if i can hide it a little bit...?

Question 2 : My original idea was the saddle has to be under te top of the rear wheels, what do you think ?

Answer 1: Yes.
Answer 2: Yes!
:mrgreen:
I know what you mean with the left and right brake callipers, They used to make them but now they only make the left hand versions for both front and rear. Had the same problem on my muscle bike, had to make a weird mount on the right hand side to get it to work.

Have found these since then, not sure how good they are, however I have ridden a bike with them on and they do pull up very well, I have ascertained they run a 3mm gap instead of the standard bicycle 2mm gap but they have plenty of adjustment to fix that. Might be able to find something similar over there...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261081976894 ... 438.l2649#
If you want to run the matching discs the same people stock them too, 140mm all the way up to 230mm diameter.

Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but just an idea...

Luke.

Here is a pic for inspiration on your sprung seat idea...
terry013_zps01dd89d3.jpg

From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69210&p=669125&hilit=Indian#p668446

Luke.

Hi guys !!!

The trike is still in progress...i know i'm slow...but for my first true custom, i don't want to make mistake.

Little remind:
2,5m long
1,2m wide
24"x100mm for every wheels
4 brakes (twins brakes on the front wheel)
2 free wheels
Alfine 11 hub inside the frame

Aw man, I had to read this from the beginning and I have to say that I'm quite impressed with your craftsmanship and talent, will have to keep watch on this project :D

So I'm leaning to think you may have some skills... hehe just kidding, you're amazing!!!
Loving this trike and whole build, please keep the marvelous pics flowing!!! :praise:

Tres Bein mon frere! That is great indeed I look forward to seeing it all done!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back