b.o.b.o.b. (putting unwanted exercycles parts to good use)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
badmuller said:
or something like this would make it even more evil looking,
33c9jyu.jpg

this is sooo cool!
would you mind if i stole...erm .... *ahem* *cough* i mean "use" this idea on one of my projects?

ohchusan said:
badmuller said:
33c9jyu.jpg

this is sooo cool!
would you mind if i stole...erm .... *ahem* *cough* i mean "use" this idea on one of my projects?

Are u asking me or icyuod2, i posted the pic, because it would look kool on (t)his build imho.
I don't own the idea ofcourse and its been done before but its what your creativity can do with it to make it your own.
i guess you are free to use the idea.

instead of some of the pics showing, we get this:
"Upgrade to Pro today!
Bandwidth Exceeded
Photobucket"

badmuller said:
ohchusan said:
badmuller said:
33c9jyu.jpg

this is sooo cool!

Are u asking me or icyuod2, i posted the pic, because it would look kool on (t)his build imho.
I don't own the idea ofcourse and its been done before but its what your creativity can do with it to make it your own.
i guess you are free to use the idea.

opps sorry my bad. didn't know what the history was behind it... been away from this forum fer quite some time now. :oops:

super kool bike. i found a dash to one of these exercise machines at a swap a few weeks ago.
planning on using it on something someday. the funny thing is these stationary bikes are give
aways at the curb. props to you!!!!!!!

I can't believe you made this out an exercise bike!! It looks amazing!! Awesome idea and great job!!!

Fantastic build! My parent's had that exercise bike when I was a kid. My friends and I used to get the front "tire" cranking really fast and use it to melt the faces off of my star wars action figures. Aah, sweet, destructive youth...

I found the same exact exercise bike on c.l. in very good shape but the guy wants $240!!! :shock: I guess i'll have to just keep searching the free section, i've seen some on there in the past.

Icyuod2, this was a great build to watch and the outcome is awesome! I had been wanting to put a large sprocket on my Murray since I saw some photos of old land speed bikes. After seeing this thread I have kept my eye open for an exercise bike and finally found one (at the right price!). Thanks for the idea!

I do have some questions though... How did you get the fixed cog off of the exercise wheel? Is it pressed or threaded? and you said you drilled out the rivets on the disks, Did you use any special bit?

Thanks again... Heres mine for now (honestly, it will probably stay this way).
-elliott

Murray Sportcrest w/ Schwinn 64t sprocket by curlywolf, on Flickr

ScurryMurray said:
I do have some questions though... How did you get the fixed cog off of the exercise wheel? Is it pressed or threaded?
they're threaded. you'll need a fixie whip to get it off.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31gPfl6ozVL.jpg
your lbs probably has one, just take it up there and ask if they can get it off for you. :wink:

What a great bike!
I hope you don't think this is a daft question but if you were pedalling flat out, how fast do you
think it would go??
I'm asking as i'm considering putting together a single speed bike for speed. Is it a case of more
teeth more speed?

Latest posts

Back