RRBBO13 Back In(B) The Day: Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my entry. A Worksman INB of course. The plan is to go retro with it. It will have a skip tooth drive train, Sturmey Archer 3 speed coaster, and 28" wheels. The wheels in the pic are 26 x 1 3/8 and only the hubs will be used.
005.JPG

003 (2).JPG
003.JPG

And I will be welcoming some INB head to head competition.

Always love those classic worksman frames, this is going to be awesome.

Great mix of old and new to start with

I got my rear hub swapped over to skip tooth. I didn't want to overdo it right out of the gate. Actually that's about all the time I had today. Anyway, I found this skip tooth cog for sale paired with a Murray skip tooth front sprocket. Didn't need the Murray sprocket but had to have the 10T cog. I don't know who made it, but modern versions are still available.
004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

I may have to flip it once I check out my chain line.
Definitely need to crack open the hub for a clean/grease. It sounds pretty dry.
I also need to track down the right indicator rod? as mine is kinda jacked up.

Precise use of the Park Tools HRT-23

Dig it! I love gettin bigger wheels on a 26 frame!
I ordered some Velocity Blunt 35s and Schwalbe Century tires. If I can't make them fit, I'll find a frame that will. Hopefully they will get here this week, so I can take measurements and get spokes ordered.
In the meantime, I'll crack open my Sturmey 3 speed for a clean and grease.

I like that idea!
Separate it from the pack. Maybe Worksman would even make a similar model frame in the future?

I ordered some Velocity Blunt 35s and Schwalbe Century tires. If I can't make them fit, I'll find a frame that will. Hopefully they will get here this week, so I can take measurements and get spokes ordered.
In the meantime, I'll crack open my Sturmey 3 speed for a clean and grease.
I love the Centurys. Which color/size? I've been trying to find an excuse/project to run the green/white ones for a couple of years now.

Latest posts

Back