BACK IN BLACK - Update 6/24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crassly said:
I apologize for high-jacking this thread, but thought I could show my 1953 Hawthorne which is a very similar bike. All original except for the seat. Purchased from original owner.

http://www.nemontel.net/~gbradbury/53hawth.JPG

Not hi-jacking at all! Thats a sweet ride!!

I need that light and rack! :D I'm actually making braces for my rack exactly like the ones on your bike

chimichanga said:
Any update on this bad boy?

nope, im very dissapointed that i didnt get this bike done, not even for the build off but to ride this summer as i planned. Its still a pile of parts, i dont know what to do with it. All the chrome is completely shot, the 24x3's wont work with my fenders so im ditching them. fork is still bent and not usable at the moment. All the chromes either going to get painted or im going to wait until I have a job and can afford to spend money on bikes again.

Ive looked at all of the finished bikes and there are tons of cool ones, its gonna be a tough vote.

well......you could try this for the fenders...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5391&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
and this for the fork...jack handle(from a 3 ton jack) over the steer tube and clamped in a vise(with wood on the jaws and as close as you can get to where needs bent) and just lean into it alittle...as for the chrome.......just leave it for now do it when you have spare money(thats how the whole 'rat rod' thing got started....traditional car guys with out alot of money to fix them up but still drove them anyway while they were in progress doing what time and $ allowed :wink: )
good luck and get it into a roller! wed all like to see her(even if not finished!) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back