BAD APPLE Update: DONE! (with one minor adjustment)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BAD APPLE Assembly begins.............Tomorrow

Skipton said:
Paint looks great!.... Can't wait to see it DONE 8) :wink:

Me too buddy, I've been to 2 funerals this week & am ready to occupy my mind with my build. Planning on workin on it all day tomorrow. Talked the wife into lettin me bring it into the basement for assembly (ain't air conditioning great!), so @ least I won't be baking outside.

Thanks for lookin guys! 8)

Re: BAD APPLE Assembly begins.............TODAY!

Looks GREAT Pick :D

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Looks GREAT Pick :D

Thanks buddy! Been working on it alot today! Hope to have some pics tomorrow. Tryin to really take my time so I don't screw up the paint (fingers crossed). So far so good. Thanks for lookin! 8)

Here is a couple shots for SCHWINNRAY69! This is about halfway through todays progress. Hope you like it! More pics tomorrow. (pardon the mess, it's the storage room in the basement). Enjoy buddy! I'm still tryin to catch up to you! :lol: :mrgreen: 8)
progress001.jpg

progress002.jpg

That color just POPS! Great choice.

Hey Pick,

Your pics make me happy!
The green on the frame looks metallic and deep. Nice job!
The combo of the Green and Black chrome looks really cool! 8)
The stance is long and low with the added rear drops and springer fork.
That thing is gonna ride smooooth! :D

I can't believe we've got the same frame :lol:

Keep up the good work!

Go Spaceliners!

Keep it up, that is looking ssschhhhwheeeet!

C-MON PICK !! I AIN'T TOO FAR AHEAD OF YOU!! MAN I CAN SEE BOTH OUR BIKES ON THAT CALENDER MAKING EM GREEN WITH ENVY!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: WELL- WE CAN DREAM CAN'T WE ?!? LOOKING GOOD BUDDY SEE YA AT THE FINISHED PAGE. YO CUE UP THAT PUDDLE OF MUDD "SHE F**KING HATES ME " SONG AND...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

8) COOL 8)

Looks good Pick :D That color really goes good with the black chrome :wink: Sweet build :p

Thanks guys for the positive comments. I am almost done & think I will make the deadline. Gonna be real hard to vote though. I think there are many, many great bikes in this competition, each one with a different twist to design. I honestly would have a hard time narrowing it down to 20, let alone 3. In my opinion, there are no losers in this contest, just a ton of creativity! Imagine what next years build will bring! Every entry is a winner & I think we are all artists in our own way. (I can't even draw a decent circle by the way) :lol: :lol: Good luck to all!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Re: BAD APPLE Update: 99% DONE! HOME STRETCH

Almost done! Still have to wire rear lights & mount kickstand, chain guard, secure brake arm & mount headbadge. Figured out today that chain clearance between tire & chain is minimal. May have to shave the tire a bit! I have about 1/16 of an inch clearance right now. Hope to finish up tomorrow. Pics will either be posted tomorrow or Friday. 8) :mrgreen: 8) Any suggestions or tips are welcome & thanks for lookin! :mrgreen: (Wish I had time to have hotrodjen or karfer do some pinstriping for me,) No time for that now!
almostdone003.jpg

almostdone002.jpg

almostdone004.jpg

lookin good man!! you could always throw another washer under the cone on the chainring.. it'd be a shame to shave the tire... :(

Look who's the slacker now...ME :lol: Looks great Pick :D Did ya ride it yet? :mrgreen:

scrumblero said:
lookin good man!! you could always throw another washer under the cone on the chainring.. it'd be a shame to shave the tire... :(

May try that first & leave shaving as a last resort! Thanks for lookin! 8) :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69: Haven't ridden it yet because I want to get the chain issue fixed first so I don't mess up my tire! The clock is tickin! I will probably be late to my own funeral! (hope so!) You ain't slackin, just pacing yourself! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

tin machine said:
hey pick ..very nice job , great work , hope you win this thing , that bikes a winner :!:

Thanks buddy! But I think you will win it! 8)

Bike looks great! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you have someone peddle the bike on the stand , you can take a sander to the square edge of the tire.

Those Kenda 3" flame tires have a thick edge that you can take a little off and give you a lot more room :wink:

Latest posts

Back