BAD INFLUENCE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my build off entry. ive been haveing issues with my camera so i took these with a spare last night after mock up. This bike is a collection of some rare parts ive been collecting for awhile. the frame is a 1962 schwinn 26". the cranks are 1936 schwinn dog leg skiptooth. has a schwinn razor stem, schwinn repo tank, the fork truss rods are electra.Schwinn phantom chainguard, pedals are AS large block. Now for the wheels, Schwinn S-2 black, matching war time era new departure n.o.s. blackout hubs, new black spokes w/ orange goldish nipples. the tires are older knobbys. here are some pics for now, better ones soon i hope. Bike dosent look to special now but ive got some good paint ideas and still not sure on seat and handlebars.
100_2210.jpg

100_2213.jpg

100_2214.jpg

100_2212.jpg

100_2219.jpg

That thing is already "done"!....Might be a little RISKY to start with a perfectly ratted bike!

HERE I AM, well lets see, what mood swing am i in tonite for this badboy. really looks already done, but he said he is painting, so that means he has to tear it down. haha. so, since i am fighting a bad head cold, I DON'T GIVE A RATS, will leave it at that. lol. nice bike, now lets have pic's of it torn down and being painted.lol

Outlaw

BAD INFLUENCE ...UPDATED...

Well, i got some work done on my bike. it has been hard to find time, seems like i always got things todo. anyway, paint is done. i first sanded the frame down, then sprayed gray primer. i then sprayed red oxide primer. after that i sprayed flat black. i also quickly mased out a design that resembles an old B6. i hit that with gloss white. after it dried i went back and "antiqued" it. i sanded some of the color offf in areas to let the red come through, also used a wire brush and wood stain to tray to make it look old. i am happy with the way it turned out.
DSC00204.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

For the tank and chaingaurd, i painted them with orange metal specks spray paint and gold spray glitter followed by clear coat. i am trying to match the color of my spokes on the wheels.
DSC00203.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

100_1899.jpg

Hopefully i can get this bike put together in time....

Got most of the bike together... i am going to use a different seat though. i am a little unsure about the chainguard and the tank. the bike looks good without 'em just a little naked. the pics here show the chainguard on and im nout sure how well the orange flake goes with the aged black. what do u guys think?
DSC00358.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

i think if you aged the orange somehow it would look better. it is a really cool color but i agree it does stick out against the black weathered paint.

carefully rub thru the paint on the top of the gaurd near the front. then toss it around a bit for some chips and nicks. 8)

do you have a picture with the tank and guard?

I think the guard looks great, it gives such a long low look, I kept staring at it wondering what all you modified. :?
...but it is kinda lonely there.

I think it's ok to have some "old" paint, with some fresh paint on other things.... kind of an "in progress look" as if you're gonna have it all flaked eventually.

Well, i finilly got it finished, i decided to just put the tank and guard on the way they are. i think i like it better even though its kinda funky and dosent really go together. heres a few pics of the finished bike. i will be posted more in the "finished bikes" thread.
DSC00427.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

Latest posts

Back