Badstart

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a good souvenir from the precedent RRBBO with the build of the Stella bread racer. So , I'm in. 2 months for building a bike should be ok. :lol:
So here is the frame I found in the street of Montmartre 2 or 3 years ago. And forgot it in the cellar until recently.
badstart1.jpg

It's probably an english frame because the supports for the light are on the right side.
Maybe it's a Pashley.
badstart3.jpg

Here's the fork, I won't probably use it.
badstart2.jpg

These are the supports for an old brake on the head tube.
badstart4.jpg

And I have to solve several problems.That's why I call the bike "badstart" :lol:
badstart5.jpg

badstart6.jpg

I have only one tire for the moment and I started to sand the aluminium rim.
badstart7.jpg

Yes in fact Pashley use the same frame since very long time and before they use them for a front rack, they used to the back brake
(I don't the name :? ) When I found this frame there was this famous brake yet.
Sorry for my english...

Thanks Dr.T I hope too

xddorox said:
Excellent sujet pour ton projet, j'aime bien le fini tel qu'il est présentement.

Excellent subject for your build. I like the finish as it is right now.

(Now the rest of you guys can learn a little French :) )

When it comes from a pen or keyboard, it's not that tough. :| When it's sliding past the lips off the tongue, :roll: Sorry pal, Ich hab' sich nicht verstanden. :mrgreen: :lol:

COOL frame! Looking forward to see what you do with it.

xddorox, Gerry....I can speak a little French. How do you say "cut the grass"....Mow de lawn. :roll:

KOTA said:
COOL frame! Looking forward to see what you do with it.

xddorox, Gerry....I can speak a little French. How do you say "cut the grass"....Mow de lawn. :roll:
Tondre le gazon or couper le gazon. Funny thing, the first 2 people I met last Summer in Salem Mass spoke French and their family came from around here (Montreal). irzouts, looks like you have your hands full with the mess on that frame. I don't think it will be a problem for you from the previous work I've seen you do. :)

KOTA -- the only French I know is Chevrolet Coupe (koo-pay) -- Sorry! :D

Have fun with the build and bonne chance!

I hope that's "good luck" - at least that's what the online translator came up with.

This looks like an old Post Office bike. Which I'm pretty sure were made by Pashley back in the day. The holes round the back of the head tube are for a basket to hold the mail bag.

Great base for a build, look forward to seeing more.

Got my second tire this week. But the logo has changed and there was this ugly security reflection strip so I decided to erase everything.
badstart8.jpg

I also tried to get the aluminium rim look older with graphite.
badstart9.jpg

I cut the little tube on the shroud, rust always wins...
badstart10.jpg

Latest posts

Back