Bagger style bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing, but I'm looking for bagger style bikes.... Big front and back fenders that cover the whole wheel!
Let's see'em!

In motorcycles, baggers are just that, bikes with bags. Like Road Kings etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always wanted to build one. The problem I have come across is the cool looking fiberglass or composite "bags". I do have a lot of the rest of the bike built.

I have always wanted to build one. The problem I have come across is the cool looking fiberglass or composite "bags". I do have a lot of the rest of the bike built.
have you considered buying a small set off a 60s honda? sometimes Craigslist has the least expected stuff. You might get lucky.

On another note, Ever consider Plaster over chickenwire as a base? you form the wire, wrap it in plaster strips, wet it..let it set, shave it down for consistency and put a coat of sealer over it? Im just tossing ideas, Im sure the folks here know a much neater, cleaner process.

But its a thought. The way it sounds, you kind of want it to have that newer saddlebag look with the formed cases. Many of the folks I've seen building here have used things from Ammo cans to actual Harley Saddle bags. [ which actually looked AWESOME]

consider more open-minded options that could "LOOK" like what youre after with just a little ingenuity. Just a thought ^.6

-Jordan

I have a few ideas in the works. Another issue is time. Been extremely busy lately and will be for about 6 more months. If you look at photos of baggers the contour of the rear bags follow the fender perfect, so there is a ton of custom work involved. That's where your plaster idea is on point. I was thinking ammo cans, a welder, and bondo. As of now I have a 29x2.2 up front and a 24x3 in the rear on a spaceliner frame that I stretched the stays for a 3" tire. All parts are black. On the chrome frame it looks good.

I have a few ideas in the works. Another issue is time. Been extremely busy lately and will be for about 6 more months. If you look at photos of baggers the contour of the rear bags follow the fender perfect, so there is a ton of custom work involved. That's where your plaster idea is on point. I was thinking ammo cans, a welder, and bondo. As of now I have a 29x2.2 up front and a 24x3 in the rear on a spaceliner frame that I stretched the stays for a 3" tire. All parts are black. On the chrome frame it looks good.
Yea, the plaster should work in that ideal, not to mention it sets really fast, even for a harder shell to work with. so that might also alleviate your time some. I think a fitting of my hand took 12 hours, so maybe a day and a half sitting [giving you time for something else]..and you should be in the clear there. I hadnt accounted for the amount of time it would take to evenly contour.. but Im sure theres a simple method in relation.

Got pictures?

Well here you go , there are pretty pricey at $100 ea
bike fenders.jpg

spaceliner.jpg

Here is my bagger in the very early stages. Still haven't mounted the 29x2.2 yet. I am still looking for a cheap black 29" wheel. I put the 700c on there to get a visual. now i need those "bags" off ebay and a front fender. Do you all think I should put a windshield on also?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back