Banana Seat - seat badge.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to replace the Stingray seat badge on a banana seat. I already found a replacement seat badge but I would like to rivet it into place like original. Does anybody have any experience with this process ?

I believe the most appropriate tool for this task would be a rivet press that looks a lot like a C-clamp with a modified anvil. For some reason, these things are disproportionately expensive, even though C-clamps are cheap. Go figure.

Opera Snapshot_2021-07-28_204907_www.google.com.png

Might have to get another badge to get the split rivets that come with a lot of them. These are real easy. You just push them through and spread the 2 tabs. They look like the originals when you get them installed too.

1627522202144.png

jhytr.jpg

Now that I've been giving it some thought I could also try something like these headless screws.
Since I'm currently working on a non Stingray build I was thinking about using a Persons seat badge and these would make it very easy to revert back to a Stingray seat badge if I decided to later..

View attachment 166329
Now that I've been giving it some thought I could also try something like these headless screws.
Since I'm currently working on a non Stingray build I was thinking about using a Persons seat badge and these would make it very easy to revert back to a Stingray seat badge if I decided to later..
Those are called "Chicago Style" screws

Might have to get another badge to get the split rivets that come with a lot of them. These are real easy. You just push them through and spread the 2 tabs. They look like the originals when you get them installed too.

View attachment 166318
It would be cheaper to use a cutoff wheel in a dremel tool to cut a slot in a rivet, wear safety glasses!

Latest posts

Back