Bare Bonnie(ville) ... what a trip....... moving into the finished builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will be a Bonneville style build (yes added the 'i' in title, Bare Bonnie for short) starting off with this long wheelbase Colson frame which I received this week.
First timer in the build off so looking forward to it.

I have had this fork for months was waiting for the right frame.

and we all know what's in the box

Last edited:
did a little mockup today, need to get the rear discs on but need to tear the hub apart some and enlarge the holes in discs. running a seven speed setup. fenders will be wrapping around the fronts of tires and about 2- 2 1/2 " off the ground gotta get the areo effect for speed :grin:, need to add to rear and need to work the fenders to follow radius of rim as it is its driving me nuts so got some work there. still not sure on the duck bill on back it might need to go. rough mock up for now, once I get fenders done its on to custom shift/brake levers and maybe a tank ect.

Last edited:
Love the Salt Flats vibe, I might be steali.. I mean borrowing some of your Bonneville cues :p

Love the Salt Flats vibe, I might be steali.. I mean borrowing some of your Bonneville cues :p

Looks like there's 3 of us so far doing the Bonneville thing will be cool to see the ideas we all have!

Will be a Bonneville style build (yes added the 'i' in title, Bare Bonnie for short) starting off with this long wheelbase Colson frame which I received this week.
First timer in the build off so looking forward to it.

I have had this fork for months was waiting for the right frame.

Sucker for this fork.

Welcome to the build off f-Rat-ternity! Nice frame and fork....Rat on!

Way to start your first build off . It sounds like you have a good plan & a killer stash of parts . [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the build-off.
Great frame and forks to start with.Last years winner blazed with those same forks.
Goodluck

O heck yeah
latest

Do you own any cool bike parts that you could work into this build?o_O

I can't wait for your next progress on this build!:41:

That sexy Evansaction looks great with the bare frame and Moonies. This is gonna be a sweet build.

gotta love modifying expensive parts :crazy: drilled bigger holes in the rear moons today to clear the hub flange had to enlarge to 2 1/2",
next is hauling out my shrinker/stretcher to modify the contour of fenders to match contour of rims and then cut duck bills off and ad to bottom of fenders to give about 2" of ground clearance, hopefully this week as its supposed to rain a lot.

Latest posts

Back