Bare Bonnie(ville) ... what a trip....... moving into the finished builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Story line is as awesome as the concept/ideas and your part selection (rat-on)!

and started on contouring the fenders to match rims at first I wanted to sink fenders lower on rims but now thinking maybe showing 1/4 to 3/8" of tire to give some separation of discs and steel fenders?
still need to cut duck bill off and ad to bottom of fenders.

Last edited:
Brilliant idea with the roto tiller bars.

I need to work the fenders some yet for contour and get them welded up,
but this pic. gives an idea where I am heading for the look I had in the ol noggin, not feelin the look on the rear tips yet may need to be trimmed? play with the tape tonight on those.
Have a couple different ideas for fender braces but that's another day.
(the rear stand will not stay on just needed it earlier to stand the bike up without leaning)
for some reason I can't load pics from this site???? need to use my imgur account

I need to work the fenders some yet for contour and get them welded up,
but this pic. gives an idea where I am heading for the look I had in the ol noggin, not feelin the look on the rear tips yet may need to be trimmed? play with the tape tonight on those.
Have a couple different ideas for fender braces but that's another day.
(the rear stand will not stay on just needed it earlier to stand the bike up without leaning)
Just thinking that some kind of fender-mounted taillight like a Beehive Harley unit could be converted into a streamlined headlight.

Just thinking that some kind of fender-mounted taillight like a Beehive Harley unit could be converted into a streamlined headlight.

Those are cool taillights could be mounted mid fender. I bought this one before the build began thinking it would be cool on it but now I really think it draws attention away from the fork and makes it look cluttered so its out. I am leaning more towards just clean simpler lines maybe? gots some time to think. Thanks

This reminds me of an old lowrider that used to be in my neighborhood. The guy attached his front hubcabs to the axle bolts so they did not rotate with the wheels, the rear wheels were up in the body and you couldnt see them. It gave the craziest effect. Having your tires covered so much almost does the same thing. Cant wait to see this finished

Need.....Update.....Soooon!

Need.....Update.....Soooon!

Yes I do! been a busy week getting other things done but hope to get fenders welded and finish working the radius of them wrapped up this weekend, but have been doing a lot of thinking on fenders and trying different fender brace ideas but all that I mocked up just made it look cluttered. I think I have it figured out now that there will be no rear braces and only one in front following the angle of rear bottom tube and still have enough stability in them not to move much or at all. I Hope my idea works but will see.
The other is mounting them will have to make some custom brackets from them to frame as tire and fenders will have to go in frame as one and no way to get hardware in between with the wrap around of fenders.
Hope to have update pics this weekend if all goes well because time is quickly ticking away :( I need 48 hours in a day.

(and Joe, Big Thanks for selling me the frame :thumbsup:)

I love the streamliner look you are giving this with those aero front facing fenders. I'm loving this build!

Latest posts

Back