Basement find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes sense. Another thing I was wondering was the rear drop design, did the early years have the rear exit drop outs with the adjusting bolts ? Or did Columbia use that design?
They did, earlier drops were pretty narrow, later they made a wider one, used up to around '50, on cheaper models. Fancy ones got forward drops, built in stand, & modern 1/2" pitch chain postwar. -Adam

I’ve been playing around with the red Colombian. Added a springer fork, different bars, a tank and a different seat.Still a work in progress, but I’m liking the look. I’ve got a bendix 2 speed manual hub on it and new tires.
C8F53084-6043-40FE-A601-8E19D776B7D7.jpeg

My recent purchase today for a grand total of 1- 12pack of Diet Pepsi. A coworker found out I like building bikes and told me about a couple he had in the basement of the old house he bought. Said I could have them for a 6 pack of Diet Pepsi, but I felt generous and gave him a 12 packView attachment 179690View attachment 179691not sure what brand the boys is, but it’s early.
Could be a Monark, possibly a Roadmaster... Good luck....

I want to build the red bike and use the fenders and other parts from the girls bike. So many projects, but I plan to retire next summer ,so I got lots of time to finish them !
Your gonna LOVE retirement.. Been since 2018 and i got more time to build and fix bikes... Good times... Enjoy...

They did, earlier drops were pretty narrow, later they made a wider one, used up to around '50, on cheaper models. Fancy ones got forward drops, built in stand, & modern 1/2" pitch chain postwar. -Adam
I got a early 1948 with skip tooth and built in side stand... Pretty cool old Columbia you built up... RideOn....

My recent purchase today for a grand total of 1- 12pack of Diet Pepsi. A coworker found out I like building bikes and told me about a couple he had in the basement of the old house he bought. Said I could have them for a 6 pack of Diet Pepsi, but I felt generous and gave him a 12 packView attachment 179690View attachment 179691not sure what brand the boys is, but it’s early.
The girls Murray, is that a built-in head light? Beautiful bike ... my very first bike was a girl's Huffy ... didn't care I just wanted to ride. Loved that bike.

Latest posts

Back