Basket-Case đź›’

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Reaction score
I like the stance with the stem reversed like that. It seems more 'normal' ? How is the steering, improved?
Thanks. Steering is still gimpy, but seemingly stable and rigid. I’ll try some street on Monday or Tuesday. Still need to open up bottom bracket and rear hub. Brake tends to lock up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fun build to watch the iterations. Really has a cool stance.

If the no welding for class 1 is the constraint....... I vote to allow welding to modify head tube angle to make a safe / functional ride. It's not chopping frame for appearance, but for functionality and safety.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Reaction score
Down and dirty today. I took the crank and bottom bracket apart today. I degreased the old muck from the parts, scraped and wiped them clean. I regreased it all and put it back together, turns smooth now.
Then I took the New Departure hub apart and cleaned all its parts up. I greased bearings, clutch and races. I oiled the brake plates and spacers. I managed to get the brake components back into hub on second try. I got it all back together and the wheel back in the bike. The drivetrain is a lot smoother now.
I wiped the bike frame down with my soiled oily cleaning rag. Sorta like the effect of boiled linseed oil. Since this is a RatRod so in staying true with RatRod heritage I don’t think it’s getting any paint.

Latest posts