Bassett Star Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's original and what's not on this bike?
post-3382-132310388804.jpg

Insanely cool score. I thought I was doing pretty good when I got my Cook Bros cruiser this summer but I sure as heck didn't pay $100. Dang!
thumbnail_IMG_1756.jpg

would bet the rims were replaced. ukai, especially anodized aluminum was a bit later than the dating of the rest of the bike.

...though, i love ukai rims. have a pair on my old 20" mbx (the way i bought it when i was a teenager), laced to suzue hubs. beat the snot out of those wheels & always stayed true.

I hang onto Ukai box rims like no other, even the ISO 630/27" ones. They are extremely well designed and for the era, even if some may consider them heavy or overbuilt. The Schwinn Frameset resto I have on-tap has a set of Ukai 36h 26ers laced to Suzue hubs that are being replaced by XT Deerhead hubs to match the drivetrain.

The QR axle likely just came with the hub. No biggie in my eyes, you could likely swap it out with a solid axle if you were inclined.

What are your goals for the bike? Returning it to period-correct stuff?

The QR axle likely just came with the hub. No biggie in my eyes, you could likely swap it out with a solid axle if you were inclined.

What are your goals for the bike? Returning it to period-correct stuff?
Probably keep it as is and sell it to someone who will appreciate it, after I it ride a little.

Latest posts

Back