Beer Boy Delivery... Final product on Finished thread! ...while I've been waiting....this:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooler looks much better on the front and also helps ad some visual balance with the big cap. I like it! I think the bright white just made everything stick out before. Build on buddy.

Must be divine intervention

Thanks for the support guys! Is it bad that I'm now dreaming in my sleep of my BO-X ?!? And barely made it through church this morning because I came up with another idea during the sermon?? :angelic:
I don't think it matters where we are when the ideas come,just as long as they come.

Moving on with the Beer Boy Delivery....made up some labels for the cooler and cap this afternoon. A little custom design off a 1960's Grain Belt bottle cap logo. Then did the ol' soak the paper in coffee to give it that vintage feel....and applied to the cooler and cap. Any suggestions on how to coat the labels so they can be more "weather resistant" without making them look too new?
Bottle cap (photo-bombed my my recent find tractor light....;))

Cooler with logo applied...

Coffee bath and toweling off....

Moving on with the Beer Boy Delivery....made up some labels for the cooler and cap this afternoon. A little custom design off a 1960's Grain Belt bottle cap logo. Then did the ol' soak the paper in coffee to give it that vintage feel....and applied to the cooler and cap. Any suggestions on how to coat the labels so they can be more "weather resistant" without making them look too new?
Bottle cap (photo-bombed my my recent find tractor light....;))

Cooler with logo applied...

Coffee bath and toweling off....
I think a good couple coats of flat or matte clear coat followed by wet sanding with 3000 grit paper from auto parts store could do the trick.

Looks good! Liking the tractor light too! Will it make it onto this build?

Yes, but I will have to re-locate a bit since the cooler will be traveling up front now. Maybe elevate off the stem, or a side mount off a fork leg, not sure yet.

Jeah. The light is cool, hope to see it on the bike, because then you can see that the beer is near :) i also liked the coffe trick.

Looks great. Print some test labels and put them on some scrap to test sealing them. You want to make sure whatever you cover them with doesn't bleed the ink. When I made some decals for Firewing, I think all I used was a Matte finish clearcoat.

Made some progress on the front cargo rack today. This will hold the cooler when in beer mode...(oh, oh....I think that might be my new name for the build..?!) :113: and when not toting the brew, will hold our grocery shopper basket just fine. Wood scraps, 1/8 x 1/2 steel, conduit clamps, all from HD and assorted screws, etc from the bench box. Did a test run, sans beer, and it was nice and stable and no rattles! :thumbsup:
First ride with rack and cooler. Thinking some leather straps for security and vintage vibe....ideas all?

Got 'er just flush with the fender for some added support and structure

Will varnish for weather resistance...otherwise pretty much what you see...

The under girding....

Is the cooler going to be removable? Otherwise you could probably skip the wood part all together and just screw the supports directly into the cooler. It would make steering a lot more controllable.

Is the cooler going to be removable? Otherwise you could probably skip the wood part all together and just screw the supports directly into the cooler. It would make steering a lot more controllable.
Oh yeah, I want to have it able to come off and use for parties, bar b ques, etc. And I want the cargo area clean and usable for grocery basket and other cargo in the future.

Dang that is some serious lumber for a rack!!! The big cap and cooler came out nicely.
That thing is going to very front heavy when you park it, so you may want to get a double legged kickstand to make it more stable when parked. Looking good man.

Dang that is some serious lumber for a rack!!! The big cap and cooler came out nicely.
That thing is going to very front heavy when you park it, so you may want to get a double legged kickstand to make it more stable when parked. Looking good man.
King, you read my mind...ordered a Pletscher double this morning from my favorite bike shop (used to work there...still get employee discount!) I'm a wood guy, what can I say? Got some varnish on it tonight and it's looking good. I am pleased with the cap and cooler, especially how they don't look as domineering on the bike as they did originally! Thanks for the props, 'preciate it.

Latest posts

Back