BEER RUN Blog photo of me riding BEER RUN in Costume

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BEER RUN - May be featured at the Savannah Craft Brew Fest!

I will find out shortly, but BEER RUN may be featured at the Grand Tasting at the Savannah Craft Brew Fest on Saturday. I will be sure to talk up RRB!!!! I think the rat hanging from the skateboard trucks will get attention for RRB as well. I will be getting free admission (translates into free beer!) and hopefully come away with some freebies. What I really want to do is make my way over to the New Belgium tent and show them what a REAL beer bike looks like. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: BEER RUN Will be featured at the Savannah Craft Brew Fest!

Well, it's official.
My BEER RUN custom beer bike will be displayed at the Savannah Craft Brew Fest on Saturday and I will get free admission.
Maybe I should change the name of the bike to FREE BEER!

Re: BEER RUN - Will be featured at the Savannah Craft Brew Fest

Hey Brian,
Got stuck over on River St. at the arts festival with my 'girls' (daughter, wife and mom), couldn't break away to ferry across to the convention center.

Hope you had a great time and that 'Beer Run' had a great reception.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Re: BEER RUN - I WON THREE AWARDS!!!!!!

WOW!!!! What a day and night. I will post photos tomorrow, but BEER RUN was an absolute freakin hit!!!!

First off this morning I rode BEER RUN across the river (on the ferry) to the Craft Brew Fest and people couldn't take enough photos of it or ask enough questions. The Brew Fest had me stage the bike in their Ale House room and I have never seen so many smiles over a bike. I have at least five requests to build bikes for other people! The fest was amazing with over 50 breweries and around 4000 people. Every time I was near the bike I was swamped with questions and photos. Of course I gave plenty of credit to our amazing web site!

After the Brew Fest I only had about 1 hour before I had to head down to the Savannah Bicycle Campaign's night ride. They had a best lighting and best costume contest. Well I won BOTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now I have two $100 gift certificates to the best bike shop in Savannah. Plus I rode BEER RUN in costume (Beer Can with Beer Mug helmet) on the 10 mile ride alllll over downtown Savannah. It was quite a feet with one speed and a skateboard to sit on. But I tell you every group of pedestrians that we went past abso-freakin-lutely hoot and hollered for BEER RUN!!!! The only other rat style bikes I saw were 3 cool Elecktras and one guy that had an awesome beer cooler trike.

One heck of a day for me and my beer rat!!! I am used to making good money when I sell a bike, but this is a first to make money (and benefits) and still own the bike. Two $100 LBS gift certificates, plus free admission to a $40 craft beer event, plus free GOOD beer, plus total admiration and praise for my bike!!!!

WOW!!!! What a freakin awesome day! I will post some photos tomorrow.

ps, I forgot to mention that I was interviewed by a girl from a Swedish magazine that covers recylcling/sustainable type stories, so there is a good chance that BEER RUN will be in a Swedish magazine in the next few months!!!!! Only in Savannah!!

Re: BEER RUN - I WON THREE AWARDS!!!!!!!!

Ha!...that's awesome...congratulations!

So fun hearing how build off bikes influence folks. :D

Thats awesome dood!! :mrgreen: just goes to show you how tough the competition is on here.. 20th internationally ... but 3 firsts in a day locally!!

Thanks everyone. You can't help but smile when you look at BEER RUN. When you throw the ultimate beer bike into a group of 4200 beer lovers, how can you not have fun!

Here are some photos from the Brew Fest

Photo_0FC77C12-5EFD-AAE2-2B37-2A6C4EB38E75.jpg

Photo_49481402-F1F0-082E-D7AF-32F382A485BD.jpg

WP_000212.jpg

WP_000210.jpg

Photo_7FC59451-41BD-B31A-964A-CDCD534735E7.jpg

Photo_1D691DE9-3A04-EDFC-6636-BFC79CEBD29E.jpg

WP_000214.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Did you offer to trade for the Fat Tire bike? :D

Why would I do that??!! Anyone can ride a Fat Tire bike, there is only one BEER RUN!!!! :wink: :wink: :p :p

Re: BEER RUN - Beer Run Goofy Costume + Lights

Okay, I wasn't sure if I was going to post these photos, but what the heck. Just remember that I had been drinking free beer all day at the Brew Fest before I put on this costume. Here are some photos that people took of me at the Savannah Bicycle Campaign Midnight Garden Ride. I won $10 for best lighting and $100 for best individual costume. Still trying to decide if it was worth $100 to look this goofy.

Go ahead, laugh at my expense!!! :p :p

Here, I am actually being interviewed by a Swedish girl for a Swedish magazine. I might be in it come October. It was all about the bicyle, but you can tell in the other photos that the other costumed cyclists were looking on in envy.
midnightride2.jpg

Here are the lights (I am quite proud how well they looked).
midnightride1.jpg

midnightride5.jpg

Here are some of the costumes and a glimpse of my in my silly beer mugh helmut.
midnightride3.jpg

midnightride4.jpg

And finally here is one goofy dude next to his ultimate beer bike (and cash cow)!!! Let the laughing and jokes and ribbing start!!!
midnightride7.jpg

Thanks, I figure I can sell the costume to some drunk on St Paddy's Day for $100. :lol:

never seen a set of haro 'knee savers used like that before.. lol
20110703Photo_04BCD03D-7929-98FC-6798-8CD451C70B41.jpg

like the beer bottle for a tank though that looks good :)

That was the very early rendition before it morphed into a beer bike. I think I called it the Shred Sled at that point.
It ended up looking totally different.

yeah..
i just don't think i could get use to a bike with a steering wheel, i would be tempted to turn it a full 360* :lol:
maybe if it was like a 3 or 4 wheeler recumbent bike that would be different. haha

Re: BEER RUN - Will be displayed as a piece of wall art soon

I always tell people that so many of the bike builds on this site are works of art, well my BEER RUN RRBO6 bike is about to become a piece of art, literally. My high school buddy opened up a Your PIe Pizza (http://www.yourpie.com/savannah) restaurant here in Savannah earlier this year and it has really taken off. They serve crafted personal pizza and he also serves a nice variety of craft beers. He went with me over to the Craft Brew Fest and really liked the attention that BEER RUN received. He decided he wanted to hang BEER RUN from the ceiling/wall as artwork for the new second location that he is opening next month.

I am going to convert all of the lighting from DC to AC. He also wants to make a little plaque with a description of the bike and the bike build, so I am surely going to mention RRB.

This is going to be pretty cool to me. I am excited about displaying my work. Also, I am going to work out a plan to exchange the bike for free beer. I think that is only appropriate. :lol: :mrgreen:

Re: BEER RUN - Will be displayed as a piece of wall art soon

This is awesome, very cool. You should be able to just use an old DC wall converter (you know, the big black plugs that you find in PILES at flea markets and in your junk drawers) to run the lights.

Very cool again though. I made a paper mache Rhino head mask my senior year of high school. We had an art show at the public library and I displayed the head on a stand I made. I won an award and got a note to "see the librarian." I thought I was in trouble. Turns out the head was such a hit with the kids that he asked if I would donate it to the library as a permanent fixture. Of course I gave it to them, what was I going to do with a huge rhino head? haha They made a plaque and as far as I know it could still be there.

Latest posts

Back