BEER RUN - Holy Cow! 28th out of 106!! Thanks!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Well I finished my first build in time (30 days). I think I did pretty well especially since I didn't start until July 2nd.
This has been a total blast from start to finish. Thanks for all of the support from everyone!!! It wouldn't have been as fun without you.

You can see the build journal here (viewtopic.php?f=55&t=42349 )

I hope you enjoy my bike and find it vote worthy. It is a blast to ride. I can't wait to see if I can use it to gain free entry into this years Craft Brew Fest. There are at least 80 different pieces of beer parts on this bike. One of the funnest parts was building the flashing COLD BEER sign. Be sure to watch the UPDATED video at this link ( http://youtu.be/c2_3XqKZTSk )

It was also cool incorporating a MP3 speaker set into the confines of a beer can. That is it hanging under the seat from old pull tabs.

Here is what I started with. A 1978 Schwinn Typhoon,
before.jpg

And here is what I ended with 30 days later.
F01.jpg

I hope the bike speaks for itself and I hope it makes you smile, because it sure gets a lot of smiles when I ride it.
I don't have any fancy camera or photography skills or pretty models (other than my headbadge).

Here are my photos. Enjoy!

F02.jpg

f02b.jpg

f02bb.jpg

f02c.jpg

f02d.jpg

f02e.jpg

f02f.jpg

f02g.jpg

f03.jpg

f04.jpg

f05.jpg

f06.jpg

f06b.jpg

f07.jpg

f08.jpg

f09.jpg

f10.jpg

f11.jpg

f12.jpg

f13.jpg

f13b.jpg

f14.jpg

f15.jpg

f16.jpg

f17.jpg

f18.jpg

f18b.jpg

f19.jpg

f20.jpg

f21.jpg

f22.jpg

f24.jpg

f25.jpg

“Of all my favorite things to do,
The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend,
With each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer’s so frothy, smooth and cold–
It’s paradise–pure liquid gold.
Yes, beer means many things to me…
That’s all for now, I gotta pee!”

Re: BEER RUN - The Corruption of a Cruiser

Here are the photos of the custom Rat Rod Bikes Build Off Sampler Six Pack that was part of this build.
IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

Along with my beer the BEER RUN Longtail Longshot Lager
6.jpg

Cheers!

WILD! You have the biggest imagination here!... I just got one thing to say: HIC-UP (burp).

Man, Photobucket is horrible for video hosting. I may have to try YouTube or something. The video of my lights and flashing COLD BEER sign doesn't play so well on Photobucket.

I remember, back in the seventies. We were all good democrats, Jimmy Carter was president, we ate peanuts out of the shell & drank Billy Beer.

So if I remember correctly from your build thread, this was supposed to be a beer themed bike correct?

Great work man, Looks scary to ride with that high wheel.

Thanks everyone!
I just updated the video of the lighting. It is now posted on YouTube at http://youtu.be/c2_3XqKZTSk .

how can you look at this bike without smiling! :D there has been beer themed bikes before,but yours is definitly the most extreme. congratulations! 8)

I'm thirsty............ :mrgreen:

texasbigjon said:
how can you look at this bike without smiling! :D there has been beer themed bikes before,but yours is definitly the most extreme. congratulations! 8)

Think of it as if Amy Winehouse and Charlie Sheen did an EXTREME MAKEOVER of an old Schwinn. :p :p

MarksA-C said:
So I take it you like beer a little bit? :roll: :D

Doesn't everyone?????!!!!!

Smoopy's said:
a scraper bike on steroids!!! :shock: :shock: this bike is INSANE!! It was fun watching it all come together..good times indeed..gotta be honest, this bike suits the unique lifestyle of Savannah..I love that town and it's people and culture..this bike fits right in..great job brotha!!

It's funny you should say that Smoop, I was talking with my friend that makes cargo trikes in Philly (http://www.haleytrikes.com) and he said the same thing about this bike and Savannah. He said it made him miss Savannah. He built the prototype of his first Haley Trike in our courtyard when he was helping us restore our 1873 house.

Re: BEER RUN - New Belgium's new Fat Tire Bike

You guys will be happy to know that I just signed a deal with New Belgium Brewery and BEER RUN will be their newest Fat Tire bike.

IMG_2230.jpg

Latest posts

Back