Belo Bambino

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handgrip fab & install.
IMG_20160607_133225.jpg

Digging the patination variation experiments. The best way to get a feel for how naturally rusted items look is to do a lot of google image searches. Few things rust evenly, with a given pattern, or evenly spaced. I think that is always a challenge for any fauxtina work. There has to be an element of randomness in color, pattern, and even texture. I know you'll nail it.

What's new in dawgland?

What's new in dawgland?
KF, had to suspend the build due to helping friends design & build a Steam punk style coffee shop; Steampunk Brew, Mesa, AZ.

I am taking this opportunity to change my frame design by eliminating the trailer portion of the build to conserve time; and finish the bike portion. However, when time permits, I will finish the trailer & post in the future.

KF, had to suspend the build due to helping friends design & build a Steam punk style coffee shop; Steampunk Brew, Mesa, AZ.

I am taking this opportunity to change my frame design by eliminating the trailer portion of the build to conserve time; and finish the bike portion. However, when time permits, I will finish the trailer & post in the future.
That coffee shop sounds like a great place for a ride destination next winter when I'm in AZ! Where is it located in Mesa? We're at Guadalupe and Country Club Dr....
Also, be great to meet up for a ride with you!

That coffee shop sounds like a great place for a ride destination next winter when I'm in AZ! Where is it located in Mesa? We're at Guadalupe and Country Club Dr....
Also, be great to meet up for a ride with you!
OddJob, that would be great to meet up. The coffee shop is located inside the Antique City Warehouse @ the SE corner of Country Club & Southern; just North of US 60.

Hey man, that's just a easy 2.8 mi cruise up S. Extension Rd, which is the street our condo is on! Definitely on the list to hit once we pull in next December.

Hey man, that's just a easy 2.8 mi cruise up S. Extension Rd, which is the street our condo is on! Definitely on the list to hit once we pull in next December.

OddJob, December great time to be in AZ; right now not so much.
We will definitely do this brother.

So, made the screen lace front fender; will be blacked out. Getting off to slow start. Will be like the roller coaster building up speed.
IMG_20160723_144653.jpg

T Minus 4.5 hours until closeout! Just finished the faux rust on the front wheel. Way too much to do. I will work until time is up.

Kudos to all that made this a great BO; and high five to all who finished their masterpieces.

Dang, I just realize that I missed the deadline by 30 minutes. Thought it was 1 hour difference from MT. Oh well, here are the pics; garage fresh.
IMG_20160801_200859.jpg
IMG_20160801_201552.jpg
IMG_20160801_201728.jpg

Turned out good, to bad about the deadline. How far along was the trailer?

Latest posts

Back