better late than never

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a good idea today, I had to sacrifice my front suspension though, who needs suspension anyway.
shinyfork2-1.jpg

got rid of the spring and added some zing
fork3.jpg

topfork1.jpg

sidegren.jpg

i usually don't like using any aluminum(billet) but i liked the length and drop of this old ten speed stem, we'll see, it might stay
topfork3.jpg

sidefork1.jpg

i might stick with these bull horns, maybe cut em down a few
bars1.jpg

hey, thanks guys. good to hear all that after battling with that bike all day, i found out that the back wheel brackets are bent to heck( maybe hit by a car?), and spent hours tryin to straighten them out. scratched the crap outta my frame in the process. frustrating stuff, let me tell ya.
Does anyone have a secret way to straighten those back brackets? it is a pain in the a-hole!!

I had the same problem with my spaceliner, i took the whole bike apart and put them in the vise and tightend it up, it took care of the problem for me... If u dont got a vise i dunno what u could do...

found another free donor, and took the fender:

donor2.jpg

i not going to save the chrome
fend2.jpg

i think i saw someone talking about the weak brackets on those huffys, is this what you were talkin about?
fend1.jpg

deglossed the chrome then i hosed it down with some flat black
fltblk1.jpg

taped it up and went with some more of the satin paprika
fltblk2.jpg

orgblk2.jpg

the old mounts needed a change so i put them on the inside with these spikes as the new holding screws:
spike1.jpg

spike2.jpg

is was not fun, i had to try and drill the broken center bracket out to accomodate a new mounting screw and it exploded on me. i had to hammer it back into shape and then use a backing plate for some rigidity.
finally got it to work, only my rear wheel needs to be trued, it rubs. man, it's a tight fit.
sdbk1.jpg

bk1.jpg

bk3.jpg

THAT...is very cool!
I love it!
those rear spike/mounts are awesome!!!!
I absolutly love it ,great fender conversion!

do you think you will divide the 2 colors with a white
pinned line to match the frame????

schweet job Yustin!!!!

hey thanks guys.
do you think you will divide the 2 colors with a white
pinned line to match the frame????
you know kev, I was just debating that issue all day. i'm kinda stuck with the two tone with no stripe but now i'm thinking yes, it would match better. I don't know, we'll see.

It'll look good either way..

That will be one heck of a long line to pull..

all be it ,the Fender edge is a nice Guide for the Pinkie Finger to
Guide / Slide on when your pullin it!

The Color Combo Black and Paprika on the bike is stunning!!!!
I love it....

Latest posts

Back