Better with whitewalls?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So at one time I had whitewall tires on my Point Beach, but decided to put on the factory blackwalls back on. Today, got bored of it and threw different whitewalls on this time. Personally, I think it looks alot better. What do you guys think? (whitewalls staying on reguardless, I just want your opinions)Thanks.

DSCN3465.jpg

With blackwalls...

DSCN3626.jpg

With the whitwalls on. I originally took the whitwalls off cuz all the dark, black, gritty dust from the cheap v-brake pads would dirty up the whitewalls and was a real mess in water for dust and debris. any of you know a good v-brake pad that doesn't leave a ton of brake dust and dirty up whitewalls? Thanks.

Whitewalls or Blackwalls? Thanks.

The first time I saw one of these at walmart, I immediatelt thought "ugh, where's the ww's???" :lol: Eventually, I talked myself into buying one. As soon as I got it home....
SUNP0015.jpg

Note the tags, I bought it over 4 years ago, and STILL haven't rode it! :oops: I took the brake pads off to swap rims, then lost 'em. I had a blue Jaguar from Target before, that I also put ww's on. The rims were the same, so I swapped 'em, and sold the Jag. Then I got busy with that whole baby and moving thing. Plays heck on one's hobbies! :roll: -Adam

white walls will stand out if you paint or power coat the rims.. red or black .. I put white walls on
almost everything..

I used to be big into whitewalls. I had them on most of my bikes. Now I try to look at each bike individually. My 55 panther has them. All of my other bikes are black or clay now. I disassembled three bikes that I had ww's on. The upside is now when someone asks if I can sell them some whitewall tires, the answer is yes. Sometimes if someone has black street-tread tires (no mtb or knobby), I will trade straight out. I can't remember now why I liked ww's so much. It was quite a while back. I think they look better on sixties style bikes and later, or bikes with the hot rod look (flat black, red, white, chrome) It just seems like I am more geared toward earlier vintage stuff now and the whitewalls don't fit the look as good.

I kinda like those new colored wall tires. I'd love to get a set of yellow wall tires for the Tandem I'm going to be getting here soon but they don't make them in Schwinn sizes. :roll:

I think they both look good but I would go for the blackwalls. The one thing I think I'm noticing is that the blackwalls fill the fenders better then the whitewalls. Is that the case or is it just the pictures? I like my fenders full and it looks like the WW are a little small.

highship said:
I think they both look good but I would go for the blackwalls. The one thing I think I'm noticing is that the blackwalls fill the fenders better then the whitewalls. Is that the case or is it just the pictures? I like my fenders full and it looks like the WW are a little small.

i think the blackwalls are a bike shop quality and are a true 26 x 2.125, verses that universal 1.75 thru 2.125 tire you can get at Walmart, and therefore are a bit bigger. I really like the plain retro look with dem big ol' blackwalls, and they do ride nice, but the whitewalls just go with it too much for me. thanks guys! 8)

Latest posts

Back