bicycles with car names

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well after aqquiring my huffy Camaro I decided that these bikes with car names are kinda cool and want to see more.
I know of huffy Camaro ,huffy Eldorado, Schwinn jaguar, Schwinn corvette,. and the bronco bike but not much else.
if you have these and want to share feel free to post pic and what it is. figured I will start with mine I know it's been posted a lot but dang I do love this bike it's such a sweet riding machine
my 1967-70(unsure of the exact year) huffy Camaro.
the chainguard is off in this picture as I am redoing

Sears Gremlin
GremlinSide.JPG

AMC Gremlin
aa499466cf3d173527cf18d7018f0b46.jpg

I think Huffy made a Corvair tooo_O

Some more:
Monark El Camino:
62_Monark--El_Camino.jpg

Chevy El Camino:
4599906993_90436d45f5_m.jpg

Monark Thunderbird:
100_1106.jpg

Ford Thunderbird:
DSC_0143.jpg

And, like outsider13 mentioned, there was a Huffy Corvair:
$_35.JPG

Named for the infamous (but, imo, totally charismatic) Chevy Corvair:
1966_Chevrolet_Corvair_Monza_110hp_Coupe_Rally_Red_Front_1.jpg

BTW, none of these are mine. Until some auto manufacturer makes a car called the "Industrial News Boy", I won't have much to offer, although i did recently pick up an opaque blue Schwinn Super Sport:
schwinn_super_sport_2.jpg
(again, not my bike, but mine is a '72 in Opaque Blue, just like the picture... mine's in pieces right now, though...)
"Super Sport" is the designation that Chevrolet uses to distinguish cars with their signature performance option package, like this '72 Camaro SS:
tumblr_ngn9cqiq4g1tt3z9fo1_500.jpg

I'll probably add a few more tomorrow.

-Rob

man that el camino is close to my Camaro I like it a lot.
thanks for sharing these are sweet bikes and sweet cars.
I had a yellow super sport once I forgot about those.
thanks for reminding me it was a nice bike.
Sean

Of all these I only owned the Toyota but most of the Schwinns.

American Bantam vs Schwinn Bantam
Cadillac Cimarron vs Schwinn Cimarron
Lincoln Continental vs Schwinn Continental
AMC Hornet vs Schwinn Hornet
Dodge Mirada vs Schwinn Mirada
Panther by numerous car companies vs Schwinn Panther
Rolls Royce Phantom vs Schwinn Phantom
Rambler Scrambler vs Schwinn Scrambler
Kia Sidewinder, Dodge Sidewinder, Black Rhino Sidewinder vs Schwinn Sidewinder.
Morris Traveler vs Schwinn Traveler.
Toyota Starlett vs Schwinn Starlett (gezz, I owned both@!)
<snip>
Oldsmobile Royale vs Fuji Royale
Ford Galaxy vs Dawes Galaxy
Sunbeam Tiger vs Schwinn Tiger

And of course!
Plymouth Volare (oh ooh) vs Schwinn Volare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volare_(song)
Yikes, Motor Trends' car of the year for 1978!???
Are we sure naming bikes after cars is a good idea?

Last edited:
Sekine GTO
sekine-3.jpg

Pontiac GTO
01-monkeemobile.jpg

$1000??? Wow.

from wiki:

The Monkeemobile's origins began in 1966 when Dean Jeffries was asked to design and build a car for a new TV show called "The Monkees". Two cars were contracted to be built: One as a main TV car, to be used on the television program, and one as a promotional show car, to tour hot rod and car shows around the United States. The first version originally sported a 6-71 supercharged engine, a solid mounted rear axle (no springs) and extra rear end weight. This was to enable the car to "pop wheelies." Because the car had too much power and was difficult to drive, the original blower set up was removed and a dummy blower was fitted. The second car was used as a touring car for auto shows and promotional events. Both were used on The Monkees TV series, one during the first season and both throughout the second season.
After the television show ended, both cars were offered back to Dean Jeffries for $1,000 each, who had right of first refusal. He declined to purchase the cars because he felt he could build new ones cheaper.

A replica sold on eBay in 2012 for $65,000. I can only guess either of the originals would be quite a bit more.

Last edited:
Schwinn Manta Ray
2087334202_a94becb58d_b.jpg

Another Dean Jeffries creation, the MantaRay used in the Annette/Frankie movie Bikini Beach

bikini%2Bbeach.jpg

thumb.php

And the Opel Manta Ray (oops, it was the Manta A)
Opel-MANTA--A-1600-S-1971-0.jpg

Simpson Design Manta Ray body kit for a Mazda Miata
manta_main.jpg

The 1955 limited production (15 - 20 made) Bangert Manta Ray
j-800x512.jpg

Briggs Auto Manta Ray
manta-ray-custom-car-advertisement.jpg

Last edited:
Giant Stilleto (bicycle)

Studebaker Stilleto (1955 show car, #1 of 1)
DSC_0052.jpg

Trek Woody
woody.jpg

Ford Woody
600_surfboard-woody.jpg

Since I am an AMC collector too, here's a head badge I own. Unfortunately not the whole bike. Somewhere I have an "AMC" head badge too. I also know that there's an AMX and a Javelin bike, I used to have a Javelin chainguard..

7xJhYER.jpg

Here's a picture of my 1971 Ford Torino Cobra and a picture of a Vista Torino 500 muscle bike. I'm a Huffy guy and have several builds going on but would like to do a Vista Torino someday.

Here's a picture of my 1971 Ford Torino Cobra and a picture of a Vista Torino 500 muscle bike. I'm a Huffy guy and have several builds going on but would like to do a Vista Torino someday.

Man I also love those vista torinos
Also I too am a huffy guy I love them their cheap and plentiful and parts are interchangable I am curently restoring a 1960'huffy camaro and building an adult version of the iconic thunder road bmx

Latest posts

Back