Big Budget & ALMOST WHEEL COOL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will be attaching photos soon... I am in since the build date has increased to Jan 1st. My chrome parts will not be finished until Dec 2nd.

lets see some pics man

The last minute mystery and intrigue has us chomping on the bit... What frame are you using :?: :?: :?:

Hey all. I am actually building two bikes at the same time. I have a 1968 Huffy frame and a 1970 Huffy Frame. Both are the long Rail frame. I have had one frame sitting around for over 2 years and have been collecting parts. The other frame just arrived last week and already has new powdercoating applied.
I have fiinally collected the parts to build ONE CRAZY BIG BUDGET build.
Parts I have at the Chrome Platers right now:
Original Bronco Wheelie Bars
Original Top Fueler front forks
Jaxon Custom 5 spoke rear wheel
Flaming Stack Guard
Rear Fender

The 1968 (3 BAR) Huffy Frame is getting a two tone Rally Bronze/Lemon Yellow fade paint job right now - This bike will be getting th 5 speed shifter

The 1970 (2 BAR) Huffy Frame already got a heavy glitter powdercoat to match the orginal Huffy Steering wheel. This bike will be getting a drag brake... More details to come. Chrome will be completed on Dec 2...

20131105_112029_zps59e28eee.jpg

20131109_100313_zps6377cd5d.jpg

20131109_194117_zpsce662140.jpg

20131110_224351_zpsba017b6f.jpg

20131112_104253_zps5f92a710.jpg

20131112_113205_zps051f521b.jpg

20131112_185101_zps5aba098b.jpg

20131117_193151_zps1de7cfab.jpg

20131118_081011_zps21f9a878.jpg

20131118_095613_zpsc3991b11.jpg

20131118_095630_zpsd6b63fed.jpg

20131119_110112_zps72d69e6c.jpg

I love Rails! I don't own one, but it's "the one that got away." Before I was into muscle bikes I saw a Firestone Super GTO, which is a rebadged 5-speed Rail. It was crusty, but complete and only $75. I hym-hawed over it for a week and finally decided I'd go for it for a project for my son and I. It was gone. So, that's what got my starting a search for a muscle bike project, and ultimately to my plunge into this mess I've gotten myself into.

I'm hoping my projects look good, and I've thrown more money than I should have at them. But I can really appreciate your "big budget"... and you ain't kiddin'! Those are going to look great!

Oh man now were talking cant what to see more :mrgreen:

Got a little more work done today. Cleaned up the wheels and spokes and cups. Then installed the bottom bracket and headset cups. Put the fork Crown on and fork race then put together the headset (I will be changing the top nut to the correct one. The I want ahead and installed the Billet Aluminum frame darts for the Blue Wheel bike.

Got the seat in for The Wheel bike on Thursday. Might have that put on the bike by tomorrow but might wait until I have the wheels mounted. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Update form painter on the Two Tone Slingshot. I will have that back next weekend. The the build starts on it.

Also went to the printer today for some added touches. More to come once installed.

20131122_172114_zps4d0ea8d2.jpg

20131122_173338_zps04d6ff64.jpg

Hey did i see two strat bodies?

I have: Squier sunburst lefty Strat converted to righthand with texmex pups and custom wiring, Aria Fullerton HSS, Squier J.Mascis Jazzmaster, 74' Tele Deluxe, 75' Electra Tele Custom, 12 string Tele Standard w/ Warmoth neck, GFS palowonia Tele HSS, Alvarez Tele w/ Strat tremolo, 61' Epiphone Olympic husk and a 80's Ibanez LP custom both Steampunked, a raggedy early 60's SG jr, Peavey T-15, and a couple other mongrels... A trio of 12 string acoustics from Alvarez, Aria and Washburn, an old Kay hummingbird, a steampunked P bass mutant and a short scale defretted 3/4 size P bass. I'm also rebuilding a Kingston violin bodied guitar w/P90's... :shock:

Did I say I was digging the rail?

GuitarlCarl said:
Hey did i see two strat bodies?

I have: Squier sunburst lefty Strat converted to righthand with texmex pups and custom wiring, Aria Fullerton HSS, Squier J.Mascis Jazzmaster, 74' Tele Deluxe, 75' Electra Tele Custom, 12 string Tele Standard w/ Warmoth neck, GFS palowonia Tele HSS, Alvarez Tele w/ Strat tremolo, 61' Epiphone Olympic husk and a 80's Ibanez LP custom both Steampunked, a raggedy early 60's SG jr, Peavey T-15, and a couple other mongrels... A trio of 12 string acoustics from Alvarez, Aria and Washburn, an old Kay hummingbird, a steampunked P bass mutant and a short scale defretted 3/4 size P bass. I'm also rebuilding a Kingston violin bodied guitar w/P90's... :shock:

Did I say I was digging the rail?

Wow - see you know your guitars. I only know I like the way they look. I did just buy at an auction a 1962 Ampeg amp plus 1940's microphone ($40 for both). Traded the Ampeg amp for an "Elvis" microphone + cash. I am just into weird stuff and just starting to setup a room - stuff spread all over the house.

They are guitars. We have a few more. Just waiting to hang them up. Truly, I know little about them other than I like the way they look. They are not anything special - Yamaha, 70's Kay, and a few others. Just picked them up to hang on the wall... I admire people who can play but I cannot do anything on the guitar.

Enjoyed talking to you on the phone today and I'm loving the bike your building, seems we have a lot of the same interest. 8)

Last night I was able to get the Frame decals installed, sissybar (ORIGINAL PLAYBOY), NOS smoothie seat and today I was able to find a complete girls bike - I am going to steal the almost mint RWL tires.
NewImage_zps0293024d.jpg

NewImage_zpsbca91c3a.jpg

Hiawatha_zpsf3df4492.jpg

Last night I was able to get the Frame decals installed, sissybar (ORIGINAL PLAYBOY), NOS smoothie seat and today I was able to find a complete girls bike - I am going to steal the almost mint RWL tires.
2nd Twin Stick Slingshot will be started right after Thanksgiving. The Two Tone fade & Chrome will be done on Dec 2nd,,,,
NewImage_zps0293024d.jpg

NewImage_zpsbca91c3a.jpg

Hiawatha_zpsf3df4492.jpg

I'm liking the Raised White letter tires much better. I might run Murray rims since they have more spokes & flat hoops. Also front fenderaddesd. Making progress but will slow down for a week be back heavy after Dec 2nd.
20131125_124014_zps1b677b93.jpg

Does it affect the rear braking to have the caliper under the rear tubes? I've always seen rear brakes on top, with the little stops that bump the frame when applied. I realize a front brake's orientation is the same as far as rotation, but I think there's less strain on the front. Just curious, it seems a cleaner line of sight the way you have it, but I'd worry under hard braking that I'd snap the bolt...

Latest posts

Back