Big Green 32er

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this Genesis 32" at Walmart last week. Repaired the seat post with new adjusting bolt. Replaced the rear 16T cog with a 19T for easier pedaling which required lengthening the chain. Added a bell, cup holder and blinkey lights. Latest addition consists of Sunlite rack from my parts bin.
gapenera.jpg

6epuzate.jpg

The inflated tire outside diameter is 32". I haven't measured the rims but will.

Very sharp, especially with the accessories. 8)

What type of rear cog did you install?....considering doing the same on my Onyx 29er.

Replacement cog is marked KT but Sturmey Archer or Shimano should fit as well.

expjawa said:
32"? is this a 29+, like the new Surly Krampus, or is a different wheel/tire size entirely? The Krampus has ~31" tires, but they're still mounted on an ISO 622 wheel like a normal 29er (thus 29+).
The tires have OD of 32". The wheel rim diameter is around 27.375" +/-. Different animal altogether than 29er's. Hopefully this size will catch on and tire selection will expand.

MazdaFlyer said:
The wheel rim diameter is around 27.375" +/-. Different animal altogether than 29er's. Hopefully this size will catch on and tire selection will expand.

I wouldn't hold my breath, I think it could possibly happen, but given the outlet it's a bit iffy. Before you wait too long I would contact Pacific cycles or whoever made that bike and tell them you are wearing out your tires and ask how to get another set.

expjawa said:
What's the actual size given on the side wall of the tire?
32 x 2.125

yoothgeye said:
MazdaFlyer said:
The wheel rim diameter is around 27.375" +/-. Different animal altogether than 29er's. Hopefully this size will catch on and tire selection will expand.

I wouldn't hold my breath, I think it could possibly happen, but given the outlet it's a bit iffy. Before you wait too long I would contact Pacific cycles or whoever made that bike and tell them you are wearing out your tires and ask how to get another set.
Kent International is the distributor to Walmart under the Genesis brand name. I did order replacement tubes from Kent as they don't show up on the Walmart web site. I don't see myself wearing out the tires. If someone ever makes a 32" tire with a smoother tread I'd probably get a pair.

Upgraded the seat to a Phat Triple Spring saddle with a 27.2mm Sunlite alloy seat post.
u9ezusuz.jpg

ute9e7e4.jpg

8a8utyza.jpg

I went through mine and greased all the bearings and fine tuned it. Everything but the rear hub needed it. It weighed right at 40lbs which is good for a bike that big, and I found by overinflating the tires by 5 psi or so, it helped the rolling resistance a lot. But I took it back for a refund so I could invest in other bikes. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but I had only put about 20 miles on it.

Replaced the 19T rear cog with a 20T. For me this seems to be the sweet spot considering it is a single speed cruiser. Also put on a pair of Hoffman BMX pedals that I had purchased several years ago. Found out that the Walmart pedals were ungreased and barely tightened. Also found a cool Electra ding-dong bell. It rides pretty good with the 20T cog.
huhaveqa.jpg
etudu7y3.jpg

jwm said:
Makes you feel like a little kid on your first 26''.

That pretty much nails it....I rode one at the Walmart yesterday and it's almost a deep sub-conscious sensation of 'where are the training wheels'. :mrgreen:

jwm said:
Those bikes are very cool. I rode one around the ring at Tour de Fat. Makes you feel like a little kid on your first 26''.

JWM
it really is a pretty smooth riding bike with the larger rear cog and Phat saddle. Took it on a evening small group shop ride last week. Easy to handle on residential streets and bike paths in darkness with a couple of LED lights. It does take getting use to, I can usually put one foot down when stopping.

That is cool I saw one at my local Walmart on sale for $150 and was considering getting it but I didn't because replacement tires and tubes are not readily available yet and knowing my luck they would likely either cost half what the bike did or become obsolete in 5-10 years.

outskirtscustoms said:
That is cool I saw one at my local Walmart on sale for $150 and was considering getting it but I didn't because replacement tires and tubes are not readily available yet and knowing my luck they would likely either cost half what the bike did or become obsolete in 5-10 years.
I only have two bikes that I have ever worn the tires out on, a mountain bike and a road bike. I don't see myself ever riding this cruiser enough to replace them. I did order spare tubes from the distributor.

Latest posts

Back