Big Green 32er

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outskirtscustoms said:
I normally don't either but around here jelous idiots will cut them for fun.
That's not good to hear, not heard of that happening around here. They just steal the whole bike or lift parts.

MazdaFlyer said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I normally don't either but around here jelous idiots will cut them for fun.
That's not good to hear, not heard of that happening around here. They just steal the whole bike or lift parts.
Yeah normally it only happens when they know the tires are expensive and they can't use them or you lock them so they can't steal the parts. For example the stingray rear tire, west coast chopper 20x3, or high end road and mountain bikes. Or in this case the big 32's. normally only a problem near downtown or the east side where the bike, lock, and bike rack might go missing.

32er, 29er, 700er, 26er, 20er, 16er
bevuhute.jpg
aqy6a7u7.jpg

MazdaFlyer said:
bevuhute.jpg
aqy6a7u7.jpg

You need a 24" , an 18" and an 12" to complete the set :D

Bigcam59 said:
MazdaFlyer said:
bevuhute.jpg
aqy6a7u7.jpg

You need a 24" , an 18" and an 12" to complete the set :D
I passed up a pretty good older 24" at a swap meet a few weeks ago and had a 12" that sold at a garage sale.

Found a problem with a paint chip at the edge of the rim strip on the rear wheel on the 32" bike. This created a pinch type peroration for a slow leak in tube. It is near the mold seam and couldn't a patch to hold. I smoothed out the rough area, added some electrical tape around rim strip, and used my backup tube. I ordered another backup tube and backup tire just in case. This is a fun riding bike, just not a long distance hauler for me.

honestherman said:
I saw replacement tires and tubes on the shelf at my Wal Mart
Did you get this one for 199.00 that is what they are listed for right now
Thanks
I'm about 90 miles away from the WW that had the $199, 32" bikes. So I'll just order from Kent Industries.

New decal...
ujupe3yn.jpg

Bike at Coasters Christmas Lights Ride
huzatupu.jpg

Lights aren't showing up too well.

Hey,Sweet cruiser.I just picked up a white one last night. I ordered an 18T sprocket from amazon.com. Does the bigger sprocket make a big difference?

detroiter60 said:
Hey,Sweet cruiser.I just picked up a white one last night. I ordered an 18T sprocket from amazon.com. Does the bigger sprocket make a big difference?
I tried a 19T and finally a installed a 20T to find my sweet spot. That called for a longer chain. Have a lot of wind here and the 20 takes care of that issue. Have fun with yours.

jayblok said:
Hi Mazdaflyer, i just purchased a black onyx 29er and just read your post about extending your chain. My question is, did you have to add chain links or did you buy the chain? I ask that because i would like to replace the stock chainring on ny onyx 29er with a 56T chainring. I never had a 29er before,and the chain stay is way longer, let alone a single speed cruiser, only 21 speed mountain bikes. Would the same size chain from one of my 21 speed mountain bikes fit on my onyx 29er with a 56T chainring?

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
To get correct length, you could use a portion of a similar chain in the same width and add a couple of quick links. I purchased two single speed chains, used one full length and a portion of the other with two quick links. That way it all looks the same. I put a 20T cog on the rear.

Thinking this bike needs a little brother in the form of the Walmart Mongoose Fat Bike.

@MazdaFlyer Do you still have you 32er ? Some months ago I bought one at the pawn shop for 100 bux and it's indeed a fun ride, so far I changed my drivetrain setup from 15/36 to 20/48 so it's a bit easier goin into headwind, I also modded the coaster hub to a free coaster and added an extra long cantilever brake to the front fork. I have the Lime green one so i invested in metallic purple parts since i named mine HULK, also running some ape hangers and looking for a purple quill stem next, currently the canti, the crank, and the pedals are all adonized purple :D
IMG_20180411_181531.jpg

@MazdaFlyer Do you still have you 32er ? Some months ago I bought one at the pawn shop for 100 bux and it's indeed a fun ride, so far I changed my drivetrain setup from 15/36 to 20/48 so it's a bit easier goin into headwind, I also modded the coaster hub to a free coaster and added an extra long cantilever brake to the front fork. I have the Lime green one so i invested in metallic purple parts since i named mine HULK, also running some ape hangers and looking for a purple quill stem next, currently the canti, the crank, and the pedals are all adonized purple :D
IMG_20180411_181531.jpg
No, I put the stock seat back on it and sold it to a guy down the street to haul his toddler around in a trailer he had last summer. It was a fun bike but I wasn’t riding it.
I have this problem of listing after a bike and personalizing it after I get it. Some of them become riders, some get sold and some start gathering dust and moved around on occasion.
I have no drinking problem, no wandering eyes just a bike addition. I’m recovering though I’ve sold 8 bikes in the last 6 months. More to go.
Yours looks and sounds good. I’ve never seen another once out and about, curious to know what happened to all the ones Wal-Mart had for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little over 4 years later I still have my big green Hulk. I recently got a 40t chainring for it, was using a 44/22t setup after seeing the 20/48t being a bit much, but the old legs need a bit of a breather LOL since I use this rig for hauling laundry or groceries. Not gunna lie, tires are getting tougher to find for it for a decent price. But I have to say I still enjoy riding it.

Latest posts

Back