Big Green 32er

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a 10 year old thread. *sigh*

When I first saw it I almost headed to walmart!

I wonder now about the legacy of those 32"'s?
There still may be a possibility of finding a 32er under the Kent Branding, I honestly wished it had more popularity though. Holding onto mine the best I can :D

I’m only 5 foot 10 so that bike looks a little bit tall for me. But thank you for posting the wheel. I’m going to buy one but I will have to scrape all the black paint off of it. Oh well, it’s a bargain price. Although I haven’t checked out the shipping yet.

I’m only 5 foot 10 so that bike looks a little bit tall for me. But thank you for posting the wheel. I’m going to buy one but I will have to scrape all the black paint off of it. Oh well, it’s a bargain price. Although I haven’t checked out the shipping yet.
I'm actually 5'10" as well but on the 330+ side, and the Super 32" holds me up pretty well, and yeah i think shipping starts around 20ish or so, I'll be looking to replace my tires (again) in the near future

I ordered one of those awhile back for a neighbor and shipping was free
Woo hoo! I just ordered a wheel, and it’s going to be here in 2 to 6 days.

From South Carolina. 8D

I thought Kent bicycles were being manufactured overseas but evidently that is not true any longer.

In theory. This is a huge company so they may be shipping these from a West Coast warehouse.

Woo hoo! I just ordered a wheel, and it’s going to be here in 2 to 6 days.

From South Carolina. 8D

I thought Kent bicycles were being manufactured overseas but evidently that is not true any longer.

In theory. This is a huge company so they may be shipping these from a West Coast warehouse.
They have several distribution centers, one just happens to be in SC. I think I got it in about 2 days

FedEx showed up today with the giant wheel, and man it is a giant!
A425B635-C9C6-457C-B29D-B5AA8929F909.jpeg
48 spokes. One is slightly bent as if they attached that reflector on the wrong spot and then moved it. I will of course move it into the garbage.

The tire was a little bit on the knobby side. I may have to make it into a high-speed tire.
202C1ECE-6081-424D-BF15-0EF2380BC2A1.jpeg

I’m not sure which bike I’m going to put this and I suspect it’s one that I haven’t built yet.

But when I knew it existed I had to have one. It was kind of like buying a pet rock, so far.

<edit>
I am showing the photo of this tire uninflated. That is how it came. I will probably open it and put some baby powder inside before I inflate it.

This is a pretty rare bird to me. I have to baby it.

Last edited:
FedEx showed up today with the giant wheel, and man it is a giant!
View attachment 197774
48 spokes. One is slightly bent as if they attached that reflector on the wrong spot and then moved it. I will of course move it into the garbage.

The tire was a little bit on the knobby side. I may have to make it into a high-speed tire.
View attachment 197775
I’m not sure which bike I’m going to put this and I suspect it’s one that I haven’t built yet.

But when I knew it existed I had to have one. It was kind of like buying a pet rock, so far.

<edit>
I am showing the photo of this tire uninflated. That is how it came. I will probably open it and put some baby powder inside before I inflate it.

This is a pretty rare bird to me. I have to baby it.

Check out the Nimbus tire options if you aren't happy with the tread on this one.

https://www.unicycle.com/parts/tire...-36-inch-tires/?_bc_fsnf=1&Wheel+Size=32+inch

The Kent tire is 32x2.125 Cexe brand.

That Nimbus is a pretty expensive tire to me at $80. (Of course I’m not used to buying racing tires, which I expect to be much more.) The tube is an extra 35.

With tax and shipping it will cost more than the wheel assembly that I just bought. It’s also 1/8” wider, being 2.25 versus 2.125.

It appears to be made for the unicycle guys.

They often a lighter version for $108.

The Kent tire is 32x2.125 Cexe brand.

That Nimbus is a pretty expensive tire to me at $80. (Of course I’m not used to buying racing tires, which I expect to be much more.) The tube is an extra 35.

With tax and shipping it will cost more than the wheel assembly that I just bought. It’s also 1/8” wider, being 2.25 versus 2.125.

It appears to be made for the unicycle guys.

They often a lighter version for $108.

Yeah, sizes over 29 are marginally more common in the unicycle community, but it's not a wealth of options by any means. I really hope that DirtySixer's successful MK II campaign puts some more spotlight on monsterbikes and gets other manufacturers interested.

There's also Clydesdale Bike's BFG line of 32 and 36" options (custom built titanium bikes out of Colorado), Tractor Bikes from Australia (USA/Canada delivery on a different page, but this one has the specs), and QU-AX's Monsterbike (truly ridiculous shipping, but occasionally you can find them from their US/Canadian unicycle sellers).

Oh, in the process of double checking these links, I found another 32 tire - Sunlite Cruiser Directional 32 x 2.125.

Latest posts

Back