0   0   0
I looked at it carefully and the only logo is this. It actually says CEXCE
9455CB10-2E7B-42AC-8C98-3958E76983D7.jpeg

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at tread patterns online, and it appears to me that the “Sunlite” knobby tires are made by Kenda, and are identical to the tires that came on my Chinese Huffy.

Looking at the advertisements, it appears that Sunlite may be a Walmart house brand.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Staff member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Sunlite is a line of low end parts and accessories distributed by JBI (aka J&B Importers). Sunlite manufactures nothing, just contracts and brands. Origin8 is the (somewhat) higher quality parts line from JBI. The key words are, 'importers' and 'disributors'.

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunlite is a line of low end parts and accessories distributed by JBI (aka J&B Importers). Sunlite manufactures nothing, just contracts and brands. Origin8 is the (somewhat) higher quality parts line from JBI. The key words are, 'importers' and 'disributors'.
Thank you for all the data.

Yeah, nothing about this wheel particularly says high-quality.

I blew out the bearings with a corrosion inhibitor & put some nice synthetic grease in the hub, so I hope it holds up.

When I rode on it this morning, the wheel did indeed feel “soft.” I’m gonna go give every spoke a little tweak, before I ride it again.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is Nimbus trustworthy?

Black Sheep, out of Colorado, also does 32 and 36er builds, adding them to the list from earlier in the thread.

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are really fleshing out this 10 year old corpse of a thread. Lol

I looked at that Nimbus hoop and it sure looks nice. At least in photographs.

Clearly nicer than the Kent.

For instance I don’t think Kent has CNC machined braking surfaces at all. I can still feel the weld joint with my finger.

The wheel arrived in pretty good shape except one spoke had a slight bend, And there are two chips in the paint where they sat the hoop on a concrete floor with no protection.

I’m going to take the ugly black paint off as soon as I can figure out the best way to do it. I don’t really feel like sanding these wheels but it might just be the fastest way.

Who remembers when we used to call black spray paint, “phase-4 chrome “?

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunlite = Cruisers/Townies
Origin8 = Mid/Lower Tier Performance

I find both trustworthy within their elements.

Latest posts