BIG JIM and CYCOBILLY DELUXE Cruisin' in Rocky

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed catching up with Luke on his journey north, as I was out of town for a week, so when he sent me a message letting me know he was in town heading south, I made sure we met.

I gotta say, BIG JIM is awesome!!.............pictures don't do it justice, and Luke is a heck of a nice guy as well. We met up at his brother in laws (I think) place, then went for a cruise up to a local park and rode the track around it.
I had a ride on BIG JIM, which was a bit of a challenge, as I'm about a foot or so shorter than Luke, but once you get a bit of speed up and get used to the steering, it is very smooth to ride. As soon as you see this bike, you can't help but grin, and the grin just gets bigger as you are riding it. Luke took my bike for a ride as well, and probably had his knees up around his chin (he's a tall fella). I couldn't see, as he was riding behind me.

It's the first time I have met another forum member, and was an enjoyable afternoon, with four grown men laughing like kids :D................As I wrote earlier, this thing just makes you smile and laugh!

I don't even know how Luke gets the bike in and out of the trailer, let alone how he built it on the road :shock: , but it was an amazing effort, and a well deserved win.

P1010144.jpg

P1010146.jpg

P1010150.jpg

Too cool !

It makes me smile :D when there is an actual meetup like this. Got any ride pics? :wink:

Truly is a community here :mrgreen:

( Kota went outta his way to stop by my work to introduce himself once , and tell me how much he liked my Gumby Rumpus . Made my day! )

junknutz1975 said:
Too cool !

It makes me smile :D when there is an actual meetup like this. Got any ride pics? :wink:

Truly is a community here :mrgreen:

( Kota went outta his way to stop by my work to introduce himself once , and tell me how much he liked my Gumby Rumpus . Made my day! )

I left my camera in the car, but I'm sure Luke took some ride pics and maybe video.

Was awesome to meet up Bean! Thanks for starting off the thread, we got a little distracted playing video games till 3 a.m... :lol:

We had a great ride, Bean is an awesome guy who took to riding BigJim very well! I have to admit, we didn't ride that far, as BigJim is not the easiest or fastest bike to ride, but we rode around a bit and then stood around swapping stories and discussing bikes! :D

Cycobilly Deluxe is an awesome bike, beautiful lines and I love the kickback hub, never used one before and now I am on the hunt! It is a bike you could easily ride anywhere/anytime and get looks everywhere you go! We caused a bit of a stir in the neighborhood with our two rides, kids going "Wow! What was that? And there is another one!" :lol: Bean is a really nice guy and if you have the chance of meeting him, I highly recommend it, very real and enthusiastic about family and the kids he teaches...

Anyway, on to the pics and videos!

9535646100_bebec51087.jpg

9535828252_7c1fdf5454.jpg

9533039225_dd256f8a80.jpg

9533036443_4aa0a3186b.jpg

Videos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94640605@N ... otostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94640605@N ... otostream/

Thanks again Bean, really enjoyed meeting up!

Luke.

At least you got some good clear pics..........I thought mine looked a bit fuzzy, so checked my camera......I had the macro setting on :oops: .

Also one of the highlights of the afternoon for me was the elderly lady walking across the street when Scotty was riding BIG JIM up the hill, "That thing going up the hill, what is that"?, "It's a bicycle", was the reply from Luke. "Doesn't look like a bicycle", replied the lady with furrowed brow :lol:

This is so cool!!!
It's amazing the size difference between the two bikes!

yoothgeye said:
Wait wait... how does it go in the trailer? Some dis-assembly required?
Much dis-assembly required! Both wheels, forks, bars and seat come off the frame to get it to fit...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
yoothgeye said:
Much dis-assembly required! Both wheels, forks, bars and seat come off the frame to get it to fit...

Luke.

Hurry up and get the open display trailer ready.

LukeTheJoker said:
yoothgeye said:

Luke.

There's also a welder, lathe, other bikes and heaps of other stuff in the trailer as well :shock: :shock: :shock:

A comment by another builder made me look this thread back up.

Was great to go back though the pics and remember that crazy day, the looks and comments we got was hilarious, there were only two riders and two bikes but we caused quite a stir in that little suburban street and park!
It was cool to meet up with someone you have only seen on the site before. Bean is a great guy and if you ever get the chance I highly recommend catching up with him!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back