Big Wheel (Class 2)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rule #1 rear tire must be bigger then front.
Cut a 15" truck rim in half and added 8" band in center.
IMG_2958.jpg

Last edited:
Stopped at the local hot rod / race shop the other day looking for an inner tube. Hoosier brand tube for a 15x15 tire is $90 (my whole budget) so I left. Driving home went past the John Deere dealership and noticed all the manure wagons had huge tires on them. $18.95 tube from John Deere.

So as I was saying I have been digging through my old sprocket ideas and have put some wheel center ideas together.
ideas.JPG
zombie.JPG
spider.JPG

Want to do the zombie wheels but whole zombie thing is getting old.
If I do the star front wheels I will probably put single star plates in rear.
Any opinions?

Last edited:
Well I'm really not into the whole 'zombie' thing, so they'd be out for me... at least the front one would, I quite like the design for the rear. Perhaps that front and rear? o_O

I reckon spiders and webs are a bit ho-hum too.

If it were me, I'd probably go for something like this Murray chainring design...

s-l300.jpg

Perhaps a bit plain... but that's me... plain and simple :blush:

I kind of like how it looks like a connectivity symbol...

wifi-icon-300px-300x248.png

:nerd:

But out of your choices, I'd go 'rear zombie' front and rear.

Glen.

I like the spidey option. That theme could probably be brought through in different aspects on this build as well.

So as I was saying I have been digging through my old sprocket ideas and have put some wheel center ideas together.
Want to do the zombie wheels but whole zombie thing is getting old.
If I do the star front wheels I will probably put single star plates in rear.
Any opinions?
If your inspiration is old school dragster like the photo in post #8, I would stay away from the cartoon looking centers like zombies, spiders etc.

Maybe a 2D cut out interpretation of the classic Halibrand wheels. Nothing is more iconic than old dragsters with Halibrands in my opinion!
18738678_1365417606871400_165277027872440516_o.jpg

If your inspiration is old school dragster like the photo in post #8, I would stay away from the cartoon looking centers like zombies, spiders etc.

Maybe a 2D cut out interpretation of the classic Halibrand wheels. Nothing is more iconic than old dragsters with Halibrands in my opinion!
18738678_1365417606871400_165277027872440516_o.jpg

Oh yeah... that's a brilliant idea :thumbsup:

Glen.

Well it IS a muscle bike competition so... Taking cues from existing muscle bikes, I think the mag option is a good one. Schwinn came out with the 5 Spoked mag sprocket and it has been copied more than once. I think the Halibrands are cool, another style would be the old magnesium slots
0128151128.jpg

also how about matching the wheel you plan on using on the back?

Carl.

Latest posts

Back