Bike change: Stretch Armstrong

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(This is a project that I started and never got past the mock up!) I have been kicking around a few ideas on what kind of bike to build for this BUILD OFF #6 and I think I have a winner ! I have been collecting parts and I finally can start this thing ! I'm not sure how to mount a MULLET on it though ! LOL!

2cr6gyv.jpg

30t54bk.jpg

Stretch Armstrong!

Next thing to do is get the frame in order.....Schwinn exercise bike that I had sandblasted ! I will be attaching the swing-arm to the exercise bike frame, making it as low as possible.
I went out and did a little bit of hacking/chopping and bending on the frame. This what I have come up with so far! I am going to try and use as many parts from the exercise bike as possible, such as : forks
speedometer
handlebars
cranks
pedals.....you get the idea !
This is just a mock-up, everything is just sitting. Nothing is welded!

24zbocn.jpg

28aibrp.jpg

Stretch Armstrong!

I switched the fork legs around so the dropouts were facing forward or up...when it is all stable and bolted together it will be sooooo low !
I will be cutting the forks & re-positioning/welding the upper fork legs ...When this is done, I can use the plate that came with the exercise bike so I can remount the speedo and make the forks secure! I think I will leave the forks with the stand and make a quick release so I can use it for a kick stand !

2ex0ys1.jpg

34g7uvc.jpg

I think he is referring to rule #3:
3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure/geometry

So, that means that this will be the BADDEST exercise bike on the planet!
WOOOOOO!

yoothgeye said:
That's a radical design... the rules may have been bent a little thought. :shock:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Leave rules to lawers, this is one sick ride for sure, so if you get disqualified at least you´ll end up with a mayor bad ... design! :wink:

Latest posts

Back