BIKE Identfication MonarkSilverKing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you help me identify the year of my Monark Silver King or direct me to find serial number and where to look up serial number? I was told it is a pre-war heavyweight. Is pic posted the serial number?
IMG_20140225_2103411.jpg
IMG_20140225_2103411.jpg
This bike will be for sale as soon I figure out how much it is worth. Also I've been told by many that it would loose value if it was restored by painting, is this true? I have cleaned it the best I could and greased the bearings and put a new seat on the old seat frame. New tires, tubes and hand grips. I have been riding this bike for 6 years now.
MonarkSilverKing4.jpg

MonarkSiverKing1-1.jpg

HeadBadge2.jpg
undercrankcase.jpg

IMG_20140225_205620136.jpg

In this pic it says Eclipse Machine Division Made in El Moro, NY USA 36 13

Last edited:
The Monark list I have shows a series of #s from 11020 to 30000 that are 'unaccounted for'. They fall between documented 1937 and 38 numbers, but it's unlikely Monark made anywhere near that many bikes in the depression years! The zeppelin chain guard suggests no later than 1941. The brake hub should have additional codes stamped under the address (Elmira, NY by the way.) It can be year dated by that code. The 36 is the spoke count, and 13 the number of teeth on the sprocket. -Adam

Latest posts

Back