Bike rentals

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, thought i'd let you guys know about the shop ive opened in parkville missouri. its a small shop that i'm renting vintage bicycles in the towns park by the river. We will also be selling parts and bikes and stuff as we get it.
I got tired of working in painting construction and thought i would make a biz out of my hobby.
so heres a couple pics.
047.jpg

071.jpg

BackintheDayBicycle069.jpg

BackintheDayBicycle067.jpg

BackintheDayBicycle071.jpg

BackintheDayBicycle072.jpg

by the way our big opening will be may 1st should have more pics by then

Thats great ! good luck with the new bizz,hope it works out for ya. :D

thank you, me too! i got the idea from renting a bike on the boardwalk in venis beach. used to live in cali. rented a old beach cruser, was a great day.

good idea :idea: jon
i realy wish you best of luck on you're brilliant idea that is any bike lover wish to be able to play and earn there bread and butter .
again GOOD LUCK :wink:

Hey Jon,
Best of Luck with the new venture. Whats the cost to rent the Tiki or Moon bike for parts... I mean for the day.
Hope you stay busy.. but not so busy that you can't go to some of the fun bike events like MW Bike Fest, and TDF in Fort Collins.
Good Luck man.

thank you rico. i hope its a good idea, we'll see in a few more months :D
parts huh!! :| sorry the DYNO's are'nt renting out! Thank you Dan and yes i'll be at both events... going to trane my daughter to cover me, wouldnt miss eather of them for the world! oh, say hi to lora...laura...say hi to everyone for me! :lol:

dont know yet, going to order some.... silver. they will look more like and airplane. never seena gold plane before.i'll let you know asap! and thank you!

thank you rick, means alot comming from you! it will be tuff but if you dont try? you'll never know!

For a whole week didnt know if was going to rain, the day of the opening rained a little in the early morning and then became sunny around noon. family and friends showed up and the show turned out good, plenty of bikes. we had some food and drinks and the car show after was cool. the threat of rain scared off people i think but overall was a great time. theres pic's in a different thread.

To all...

If you're near the Kansas City area, I would encourage you to stop by Jon's [and Marty's] shop if for nothing else just to talk bicycles. I on the other hand, took the whole family (immediate family and my siblings and their families) for a Saturday morning outing on a couple weeks back. Inexpensive fun. Good excuse to get together - it was a regular family reunion. LOL. After our ride we then had lunch at the local pizzeria just around the corner, literally. There are several restaurants nearby and lots of window shopping for the ladies.

If you're new to the hobby Jon can explain any questions you may have in regards to old bikes. He can hook you up with pieces-n-parts. Heck, he can get you hooked up on whole bikes either through himself or through others parties... The man has connections. Plus, he has a ton of bikes to look at to help you better define what direction you may want to go!

Jon, the family is still talking about our ride... and they're talking about doing it again. Soon. <rolling my eyes> I've created some monsters apparently.

Clark

Hey Jon , just a question , I had ideas of doing a weekend bike rental in my town by the lake, the only deterant I had was liability insurance, I also seen a guy advertise once in Napa about renting bikes for twenty five dollars for the day with a $75 dollar deposit , so his theory was you buy the bike and ride it,or return it and get you $75 back ,no credit cards to deal with, no insurance, can you tell me what you had to do ?

I had asked my auto insurance person if they did a buisness like mine and said no but had someone in mind! I pay around $38 a month on a 1 million coverage on the shop,inventory and liability for riders.I take there license plus fill out the "what you can and can't do" paper work or $25 deposit.the place I rent to is kindof isolated...... give it a shot!

Latest posts

Back