Bike Swap & Art Fest - JUNE 9th, 2012 Mark your calendar!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sleeper Sedan said:
jon said:
pm sent on the Orange Krate and the Trike........ also, i know where these came from!

Let's keep our secret. We cleaned him out btw.
John and I are donating all the monetary proceeds to the Blue Springs Arts Council, a not for profit organization bringing art to the community and children.

Clark

uhhhhhhh, it wont be much of a secret if you keep posting "teaser pics" and you still did'nt answer my ? HOW MUCH!

jon said:
Sleeper Sedan said:
jon said:
pm sent on the Orange Krate and the Trike........ also, i know where these came from!

Let's keep our secret. We cleaned him out btw.
John and I are donating all the monetary proceeds to the Blue Springs Arts Council, a not for profit organization bringing art to the community and children.

Clark

uhhhhhhh, it wont be much of a secret if you keep posting "teaser pics" and you still did'nt answer my ? HOW MUCH!

How much? You get to pay twice as much as compared to the next guy, that's how much! :lol: Seriously though, I have yet to talk to John. You can call and pester John if you want... We were wanting to hold off on any "pre-swap" action, if possible. Heck, we still need to inventory what we took in...

Clark

loudboys said:
Sounds like this event is going to be epic!

I won't be in the vendors, but I'll absolutely put something in the show.

Hi Alan... or is that Allan... or Allen...? Sorry :) My brother is Alan, he deals with misspellings all the time.

We'd be glad to see you that Saturday morning. Please feel free to put any bike(s) in the show area, it's pretty informal and voting will be popular vote only.

Clark

Sleeper Sedan said:
Hi Alan... or is that Allan... or Allen...? Sorry :) My brother is Alan, he deals with misspellings all the time.

Clark

Your brother spells it correctly. At least he wasn't the brother that got stuck with two last names!

you gave away the honey hole spot to me with the party bus bike. i know exactly where you got those from. sills will be getting a phone call from me n my brother verrrrry soon :D

Easy E

sidenote: i requested the day off from work and got it! ill be there!!! dont know if i need to reserve a spot in the bike show but i need two of em! one for me and one for my brother...

Im putting my first build in the show hopefully it turns out good im excited to see how it comes out.

YoungOne (Easy E's brother)

YoungOne said:
Im putting my first build in the show hopefully it turns out good im excited to see how it comes out.

YoungOne (Easy E's brother)

Dude, bring it! We all could use a bit of inspiration, that's how ideas get rolling, and once you get rolling on a build it's like "falling down a well with you're hair on fire"!

Clark

dragnusa said:
I so need to make a trip down to the KC area some time

... it's only a 2 hr drive from Brookfield, throw the wife & kids or your buddies in the car and come on down. Easy drive, just 36 West to I-35 South, and a short jaunt along I-70. Piece of cake.

Clark

BTW, I just realized that as of this spring, I've known Clark (and the "Sleeper Sedan" that he takes his handle from and still owns) for 30 years.

I'd like you out-of-towners to know that, despite the fact he hangs out in the same circles as me (even though this is a somewhat different circle than the first one we both found ourselves in), he's a fine individual, quite modest, and habitually understated.

So, if he says this is going to be a cool show/swap/ride, it's probably going to be one of those things that the folks who were there will brag about having attended for years thereafter, and those who didn't show will kick themselves, and tell newbies that they were there, even though they weren't. In short, legen----wait for it----dary.

So, get your stuff together, and drag your butts to Blue Springs on the 9th!!

loudboys said:
BTW, I just realized that as of this spring, I've known Clark (and the "Sleeper Sedan" that he takes his handle from and still owns) for 30 years.

I'd like you out-of-towners to know that, despite the fact he hangs out in the same circles as me (even though this is a somewhat different circle than the first one we both found ourselves in), he's a fine individual, quite modest, and habitually understated.

So, if he says this is going to be a cool show/swap/ride, it's probably going to be one of those things that the folks who were there will brag about having attended for years thereafter, and those who didn't show will kick themselves, and tell newbies that they were there, even though they weren't. In short, legen----wait for it----dary.

Wow... <speechless>

Let me first say, I didn't pay Alan to say that!

Ahem. That brought a tear to my eye, I'm probably blushing too. Man, I don't know how to repond to that... That was a very nice thing to say Alan, nicest thing I've heard in a while. <insert bro hug & chest bump here> Wow.

I've been very blessed over the years to have met many fine people, my wife and my mother will tell you I've never met a stranger... My brother deservers that title too, family trait I guess? :wink:

I'm going to have to come back later on this one... Sorry, I'm still at a loss for words.

Sleeper Sedan said:
loudboys said:

Wow... <speechless>

Let me first say, I didn't pay Alan to say that!

Ahem. That brought a tear to my eye, I'm probably blushing too. Man, I don't know how to repond to that... That was a very nice thing to say Alan, nicest thing I've heard in a while. <insert bro hug & chest bump here> Wow.

I've been very blessed over the years to have met many fine people, my wife and my mother will tell you I've never met a stranger... My brother deservers that title too, family trait I guess? :wink:

I'm going to have to come back later on this one... Sorry, I'm still at a loss for words.

Okay, I'm back now. I've wiped the tear from my eye, blown my nose, and have taken a deep breath. :lol:

Alan, thank you for that ultimate compliment of compliments. I'm still at a loss for words. You too [and your wife Jennifer] are a good friend. The previous circle Alan is referring to (no snickering please, :) ) was tinkering with muscle cars and such - my brother and I did some engine work to his early notch back Barracuda with the mighty [but little] 273 CI V8. My brother and I still have our muscle cars, drag cars, and rarities. I probably have an extra motorcycle or bicycle one too many also but, don't tell my wife.

So, I wouldn't be where I'm at in life if I hadn't surrounded myself with good people and treated others with respect... Yeah, we sometimes bicker or don't see eye-to-eye but, to the core my friends are my friends for a reason. Thanks again Alan for being a good friend.

Clark

LETS MAKE A DEAL!!! ........Brought to you by the kind folks at the Little Blue River Bike Swap Meet

And here are your host, Clark and John! <applause, whoops-n-hollers, the band playing, confetti falling, women fainting, etc. You know, normal everyday kind of stuff.> :lol:

We have a raffle bike that will go home with one lucky person by buying the winning ticket! Can you guess which door it's behind?

Could it be door number 1?

door 1 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Could it be door number 2??

door 2 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Could it be door number 3???

door 3 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Stay tuned, we'll be right back after this commercial break from our sponser!

Just so everyone knows......the Patee Tandem......IS MINE! I have been looking for a rear-steer tandem for quite some time. That is part of the reason that I went to the Hayesville,Ks swap meet. That seems to be where the earth deposited all of the rear-steer tandems! Like aliens to Roswell, rear-steers to Hayesville. Plus, those are really a great group of people down there. If you have never made it to their swap or the "Bikefest" you really need to go, very cool.
The Patee will be at the swap so that it can be enjoyed, and the triple will be there for people to ride. It is really a cool bike to ride. I have a picture of Clark getting on it to ride, I thought about posting it, but you can't see his face, only him throwing a leg over, so all you see is his butt. I didn't think you all want that yet.
I will be bringing the Elgin and a few other really cool things. Thinning out my collection of stuff. I will add some pics tonight of stuff I will be bringing. I have to find the garage floor first, so I can get to them!

Clark, I pick door 123 because they are all the same door, you just changed the numbers. so I win right? Where is my prize??

dos cruiser said:
Clark, I pick door 123 because they are all the same door, you just changed the numbers. so I win right? Where is my prize??

Okay, you and eveyone else will get to see the answer tonight. I'll post up a picture or two of the raffle bike this evening. I appreciate you guys letting me be a dork, John and I are having fun [although a lot of work] organizing this swap meet.

Oh... for those of you who know me, please don't feel free to expand on me being a dork. :lol: <I know it's going to happen, who's first?>

Clark

Clark, I know a lot of people who believe that all of us cruiser bike people are DORKS so dork on, it's all for fun.

be sure to delete your post on all the craigslist ads so you can repost them elsewhere.you know keep the advertising going.

Latest posts

Back