Bikes I likes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that wheel building fixture made from 80/20 is sweet. I don't know why I don't think to use that at home, since I've built many fixtures at work with it.

I have a raliegh where I've done the internal cableing on a Rale
Raleigh tourist frame would work it had a 10 speed hub originally so everything is there and there to make it geared. I have all the parts to lol. I always restored to original then I discovered this site and realized you guys were having way more fun.

How about bikes I'm confused by? Louis Garneau was a Canadian road cyclist in the early eighties. Started an apparel business, branched out into bikes. Mainly hybrids and city bikes. Not a single performance bike in their lineup. Right? Then, from time to time, something appears with the words "Dream Factory" on it...
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-mountain-bi...is-garneau-rytm-xt-lauf-fork-20lbs/1604478029
s-l640~3.jpg

This thing is completely off the chain!

Special Bike SHOPS I like edition.
North Shore history lesson:
https://nsmb.com/articles/history-of-the-north-shore/The article is a bit long winded, and perhaps hyperbolic, but you gotta check out the pics. These cats were doin' it!
“'Looking at it from the outside, it seemed a little unprofessional. They opened at noon so they could waterski in the mornings and they had ‘an anything goes attitude’” affectionately recalls Sarah Fenton, a rider who grew up in Deep Cove. 'The shop and its heady aroma seemed, to all of us, the kind of hedonistic life we all wanted to lead when we grew up, and we wanted to emulate them. You felt cool just by walking through those doors, which looking back, was the best marketing tool pre-internet possible. The boys wanted to be like them, the girls wanted to date them, and most of us did,' she chuckles.'

Heady aromas indeed.

Garneau makes high end bikes (road, cx). Well, I don't know if they make them or if they are re-badged. Someone else might chime in about that.

Garneau makes high end bikes (road, cx). Well, I don't know if they make them or if they are re-badged. Someone else might chime in about that.
I couldn't find anything but hybrids and ebikes on their page. I'm curious about the higher end stuff, the regular stuff I see around town seems decent, a cut above the department store

yep, it appears you are right. They used to. The website even has a "Performance road" tab in the bike section, but it is empty. I have a friend who races a Garneau cx bike, aluminum frame, cf fork. I think it's only about five years old.

Count em: does this single speed have 4 different gear ratios? Double gears at the back, double at the crank, and if I understand correctly, the fork is spaced out for a rear axle with another two gear options! Also, the wildest tensioner I've seen. This is innovative and amazing, not to mention beautiful!
Hunter-Cycles-Bushmaster-Tourer-3.jpg

https://theradavist.com/2015/10/watch-out-for-the-hunter-cycles-bushmaster/

Latest posts

Back