Bikes on bridges

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kos on a bridge...

IMG_20210403_095031597_HDR.jpg

Trek Woody.

I rode by or over quite a few bridges today. I chose this arched shaped bridge for the photo with the cantilever bike frame design. The new Park Avenue bridge in Iowa City. They should sell naming rights to the local fast food joint and paint it to match. There was a vid posted of skakeboarders going down the arches about the time the bridge was finished. So now it's got those fences and sign. Nice look. If they put anti-wheel bars on the arches, then the drunks would climb up there and the daring bikers would still ride over it. Some planning, building such a design 300 yards from skate park and near to many dorms and frat houses. The side walk is pretty wide. Could you jump from the top of the arch into the river and miss the railing? Wham. There was a summer band camp student killed when he jumped off the next bridge over. That bridge had a pylon in the center and there was a big sandbar just below the surface on the down stream side that he hit.

Last edited:
Trek Woody.
The new Park Avenue bridge in Iowa City. They should sell naming rights to the local fast food joint and paint it to match. There was a vid posted of skakeboarders going down the arches about the time the bridge was finished. So now it's got those fences and sign. Nice look. If they put anti-wheel bars on the arches, then the drunks would climb up there. Some planning, building such a design 300 yards from skate park and near to many dorms and frat houses. The side walk is pretty wide. Could you jump from the top of the arch into the river and miss the railing? Wham.

1. Love the Woody
2. I'd probably try and hit that bridge

Trek Woody.

I rode by or over quite a few bridges today. I chose this arched shaped bridge for the photo with the cantilever bike frame design. The new Park Avenue bridge in Iowa City. They should sell naming rights to the local fast food joint and paint it to match. There was a vid posted of skakeboarders going down the arches about the time the bridge was finished. So now it's got those fences and sign. Nice look. If they put anti-wheel bars on the arches, then the drunks would climb up there and the daring bikers would still ride over it. Some planning, building such a design 300 yards from skate park and near to many dorms and frat houses. The side walk is pretty wide. Could you jump from the top of the arch into the river and miss the railing? Wham. There was a summer band camp student killed when he jumped off the next bridge over. That bridge had a pylon in the center and there was a big sandbar just below the surface on the down stream side that he hit.

It's been a few years since I last visited Iowa City and every time I have been there I was wishing I had brought a bike. There might be a road trip in my summer plans...........

Latest posts

Back