Bikes on bridges

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mighty South St Vrain River at around 10,000ft MSL, not too far from the headwaters. The snowmelt has it raging up there.
20210615_143742.jpg

1977 Raleigh Sprite 10 on the Government Bridge in Davenport Iowa with the dam from Lock & Dam #15 in the background. The arches in the far background are from the next bridge down stream and are not part of the dam.

Last edited:
1963 Schwinn American on a bike path bridge over Clear Creek in Coralville Iowa next to the Iowa River.

Out for Independence Day on a 1963 Schwinn American and my rrbbo 2020 bike on the 1st Avenue Bridge in Cedar Rapids Iowa by the mini Statue of Liberty. Quaker Oats in the background.

Thanks for that Matti. I won't ride my bike to the bridge I want a photo with. I do have my pickup fixed with a new truck bed and painted. January my adult son went to KC MO in my truck to buy some work tools. On the way back it was slick enough the truck lost traction on the interstate and went a 180* backwards into the median ditch. He's OK but it crushed the back end. Thus "new" bed, bumper, etc. Found a stepside bed, got it repaired and now back on the road. I should say people stayed away from me in the parking lots when the back end was trashed. But I can now go on a 50 mile drive and get the bike out of the truck to ride to the bridge. Then I will photo the bike on a bridge. Y'all Be Well, SS.

Latest posts

Back