Billy Bob's " Phantom X " ( finished, off to take final photos )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great build! I have a Schwinn middleweight frame that has a bent OPC. I also have a truvative crank set. Any tips on how you fitted yours? thanks. Also what hub are you running? I have the SA 3 speed that came on the Schwinn originally I would like to re use with the newer crankset.

Thanks! .. the crank I'm using already had an American BB. The inner chain rings have been removed. The rear hub is the stock spinergy wheel hub that has a single spocket and spacers to line it up with the crank sprocket. It also uses the thin chain that was with the doner it came off of. Hope this info helps althoughit doesn't really tell you how to go about using your rear hub.

That's OK - You are building just about the kind of build I would like to do. Of course except for the frame ALL my parts would be different!:rofl:

Great build! I have a Schwinn middleweight frame that has a bent OPC. I also have a truvative crank set. Any tips on how you fitted yours? thanks. Also what hub are you running? I have the SA 3 speed that came on the Schwinn originally I would like to re use with the newer crankset.
Which size bottom bracket do your Truvativ cranks use? What is the spindle diameter? What is your spindle length? I will be running BB30 cranks on one of my Felt Klunkers. I have likely seen what you need while I was looking for what I need.

- by Gigmata

Thanks! .. the crank I'm using already had an American BB. The inner chain rings have been removed. The rear hub is the stock spinergy wheel hub that has a single spocket and spacers to line it up with the crank sprocket. It also uses the thin chain that was with the doner it came off of. Hope this info helps althoughit doesn't really tell you how to go about using your rear hub.
Hey BB,

It looks like those cranks will hit the chain guard. Are you clearing it? I ran into that issue on my "Great Blue Yale" cruiser. As .......' as it was I had to remove it.

Gig

- by Gigmata

Hey BB,

It looks like those cranks will hit the chain guard. Are you clearing it? I ran into that issue on my "Great Blue Yale" cruiser. As .......' as it was I had to remove it.

Gig

- by Gigmata

The chain guard clears fine. I redid the mounting brackets to make it work. It had to move outwards about 1/2" in the front .

Which size bottom bracket do your Truvativ cranks use? What is the spindle diameter? What is your spindle length? I will be running BB30 cranks on one of my Felt Klunkers. I have likely seen what you need while I was looking for what I need.

- by Gigmata
Thanks gigmata! I will PM you specs.

Thanks, I like it much better with the tank as well. I'm going to fill the screw and horn holes and make it attach to the bike with hidden fasteners.
As for the wheels , I rode on them a couple times before I tore the donor bike apart they came off of. One would think that as thin as the spokes are that they would be weak butthey arn't. The blades are attached to the rim with small spokes that can be used to true the wheel .

So I got home a night earlier this week and spent a little time this evening on the tank. I filled the holes in the sides and ma some brackets for the backsides for blind fasteners. Still needs a little tweeking and some tabs to hold it square in the frame. Maybe tomorrow.....
20150625_182049.jpg
20150625_193513.jpg
20150625_194811.jpg
20150625_194834.jpg

Latest posts

Back