Billy Jack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Billy Jack

yes,thats what they do. :)
they are designed to keep
brake dust of the wheels.
you could build you a set..
of those "trashy" covers. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Holey mechanicals batman! thats too cool!

good work! very nice trike- i love it!

threw the fork and Sturmey disc front wheel on with 1.95 tire to start checkin' out the stance. Things line up better with the bearings and axle on the top vs. underneath the rear end. I'm just not sure if the sprockets will clear everything with the topside configuration..

It's gettin' there.

100_0460-1.jpg

100_0461-2.jpg

Hope it'll make it out the door :mrgreen: :lol:
It's like building a crib in the living room...
only to find out you'd have to take it apart to get it in the baby's room...guilty. :lol:

Good job spinman!
I'm a little concerned about using a straight axle, it will be a :shock: to turn and it will slow down considerably when doing so unless you lift the outer wheel and turn on two wheels...
You could drive one wheel with pedal power and the other one with electric assitance.
I designed a drive you could use or get inspired from.
It's a geared hub motor at 48v 550w. coupled on the final chain drive and it works very well.

ELECTRICDRIVEDESIGN2vs5.jpg

Works well on this one to as you can see, hehe!
DSC_0251.jpg

Eric.

Oh! Sorry! the pictures don't show the break between them.
It should be ok then...
Check out the ezee geared hub motor on e-bikes.ca.

Eric.

Oh! Sorry! the pictures don't show the break between them.
It should be ok then...
Check out the ezee geared hub motor on e-bikes.ca.

Eric.

Hannan Customs said:
Good job spinman!
I'm a little concerned about using a straight axle, it will be a :shock: to turn and it will slow down considerably when doing so unless you lift the outer wheel and turn on two wheels...
You could drive one wheel with pedal power and the other one with electric assitance.
I designed a drive you could use or get inspired from.
It's a geared hub motor at 48v 550w. coupled on the final chain drive and it works very well.

ELECTRICDRIVEDESIGN2vs5.jpg

Works well on this one to as you can see, hehe!
DSC_0251.jpg

Eric.
There's a bike in that picture? :lol:

" Updates....."

Got a bit intimidated by the weight of this beast, so I had Big C and Clamdigger come over and eval. the situation. Clamdigger brought over one of his e-bikes with an electric front hub. It may be an option if it turns out i can't move this behemoth.

In the meantime, I re-designed the rear upright supports, as i didn't feel they'd do the job. I made some horizontal supports outta 1/4" flat bar stock that I think will hold the frame together. Gonna take the whole thing to the welder on Monday to tie the frame together.

Despite its weight, i have a gutteral feeling that it will move with my own power.

Worst case, the E-motor is going on the front end.

Spin

Delighted to get the frame back so soon and welded up so well. Trust a drag racer with a 1,500 HP Gremlin to get the job done right. :D

He beefed up the center tube with 4 overlapping 1/4" flat bar to assure no weakness in that area.

Hope to have a rolling chassis by weeks end.

100_0444-5.jpg

100_0443-4.jpg

This is an interesting build. I am working on a simialar one myself with old school chopper styling. This build looks really good and I cant wait to see it finished. I like the way you are not spoking the wheels but instead using hub plates on the axle.

Mike, this is coming along nicely! It will be great to see this thing in a rolling stage.
When I got mine rolling and was able to pedal it, I found out standard length crank arms
stretched my legs too much. So I got a set of shorter pedals and it made all the difference
when pedaling it. First stroke is still hard, but once it's rolling, it's a smooth as butter.
Never tried any sort of hill or incline yet. Here's a shot of mine right now.
Good job so far!
Taylor
trike.jpg

trikerear.jpg
trikesm.jpg

Latest posts

Back