Black Huffy Good Vibrations Serial Number

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a black Huffy Good Vibrations and when cleaning it, I found two numbers: one on the front fork (HC7499027) and one on the bottom of the thing between the pedals that makes them spin- I dont know the name the chain gear is attached to it (C81704 26404). Which number is the serial? And where can I find info on it after I know the number? Thanks!

You need to post pics, you bike is made in the mid 70s, at the oldest with that kind of number. They have not yet been decoded.

Huffy serial numbers, at least into the 80's, was that the first number of the sequence (usually preceeded by a H or HC) was the last number of the year it was made. Example yours, HC7..., would make it a 77' or 87'. I believe 67' was before the Good Vibrations nameplate (and i have a 79' huffy good vibration, myself.) and 97' was maybe still a Good Vibrations but i'm thinking more thatn likely they were Cranbrooks by then. So without picts, I can still bank on either a 77' or 87', just kinda look at the components on it to see which decade it falls into. Hope that helps.

You both are incorrect. The Good Vibrations was made all the way up to about 1998. Then it was replaed by the Cranbrook. It's brother, the Western Flyer Grand Trophy, was then badged a really neat Grand Trophy 6.

partsguy said:
You both are incorrect. The Good Vibrations was made all the way up to about 1998. Then it was replaed by the Cranbrook. It's brother, the Western Flyer Grand Trophy, was then badged a really neat Grand Trophy 6.

So I was one year off. I had said, "And 97' was maybe still a Good vibrations..." :roll:

Come to think of it, I think they kept making the 24" Good Vibrations after they stopped the 26" and seems the Cranbrook was out by late 96' or 97'. Although the Cranbrook frame is "ok", i'd take the Good Vibration's better frame geometry, fit and finish all day long.

Another website indicates that 26404 is the model number of the 26" Good Vibrations, as seen on many Huffy beach cruisers, but the 81704 is tricky - 8 & 4 may be the year 1984 and 170 the day of the year, June 18th (leap year).
Yet another says that HC7499027 means another timeframe.
So... maybe it is a middle 80's bike?
Also, Wald component parts (if not replaced) might also indicate the year of manufacture.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back