BLUE SPRINGS, MO BICYCLE SWAP MEET 6/8/2013

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year, we had a problem with our official event photographer... They we're a no show. I guess the volunteer status, no pay, scared them away. Thanks to John (aka jjmunster), he managed to recently round up a few pictures from various sources. I'll apologize beforehand in the lack of quality or randomness of the photographs. Thanks John for your tireless work.

Clark

2012 Little Blue Swap 001 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 002 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 003 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 004 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 005 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 006 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 007 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 008 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 010 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 014 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 016 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 017 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 018 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 020 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

2012 Little Blue Swap 021 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

My two peeps looking tough! If you need help, they'll be happy to assist you in getting that help.

100_1110 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

As a follow-up to my "Big Announcement" [up near the top of the page]... In addition to Lamar Donuts being on-board with a glazed donut, I now have Einstein Brother Bagels stepping up to the plate and providing us with bagels. I would like to make sure our hard working vendors are comfortable, while I can't help your wallet grow with sales, I can at least make your tummy comfortable while in sales mode!

Clark

Attention men & women, boys & girls, and children of all ages...!

I received a telephone call from our local Mr. Good Cents this evening... They're on board with providing a lunch for the vendors! Sweet! If you would like to vend, drop me a line and let me know at your convenience. In a week [or so] I'll give Mr. Good Cents a quantity count. If you're still looking at your calendar and juggling a scheduling snafu's... somehow we'll still provide for you even if it's a last minute deal in joining us vending.

Clark

PS. We've got some other things shaping up that impacts anyone in attendance... FREEBIES! Stay tuned in the days to come.

Here is a quick update on our giveaway door prizes:

Last week was a good week for John as he solicited [and received] a ton of giveaway prizes from various business owners. Last year we were giving multiple items on every half hour of the clock... This year looks to be much the same. So, come visit us at our swap meet, you may walk away with more than you came with!

Here's something I'm tossing into the giveaway box of prizes. These grips are wickedly cool and very nicely manufactured. You'll find these available here on RRB from Mr. Thompson also, aka ifitsfreeitsforme...

004 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Rather than go to Wally World or Kmart for some tires, anyone have at least two, 26x1.75, black wall, street tires willing to sell ... cheap at the swap meet? Slightly used is OK by me.

54shadow said:
Rather than go to Wally World or Kmart for some tires, anyone have at least two, 26x1.75, black wall, street tires willing to sell ... cheap at the swap meet? Slightly used is OK by me.

Good to hear from you! Last year, you and the wife started to venture out of the house on two wheel scooters if I remember correctly, but due to a mechanical failure you guys ended up jumping in the daily driver. Right? Are we going to see the scooters this year? :D

Tires... Tires should not be a problem, you'll find new and used. If you have a specific brand, date of manufacturer, or style... I know we'll have a couple vendors that can hook you up.

Look forward to seeing you [and whatever family you can drag along] Saturday, June 8th!

Clark

Sleeper Sedan said:
54shadow said:

Good to hear from you! Last year, you and the wife started to venture out of the house on two wheel scooters if I remember correctly, but due to a mechanical failure you guys ended up jumping in the daily driver. Right? Are we going to see the scooters this year? :D

Tires... Tires should not be a problem, you'll find new and used. If you have a specific brand, date of manufacturer, or style... I know we'll have a couple vendors that can hook you up.

Look forward to seeing you [and whatever family you can drag along] Saturday, June 8th!

Clark
Scooters are primed and ready to go this time. Last year was such a hoot! The bike folks and venders were awesome as well as the art folks. See you there!

Only a week to go! Can't wait to see everybody!!!...Pappy 8)

Pappy said:
Only a week to go! Can't wait to see everybody!!!...Pappy 8)

Yes, one week to go!!! I've got so many updates, but having trouble accessing the RRB website - I'm currently using the mother-in-laws laptop as a test.

Clark

...here we go, fingers crossed.

We have less than a week to go for this event. Everything is coming together great. I just wish I was in town a bit more to help Clark. Angie just found a bull-horn at Harbour Freight, so we have a way to give away door prizes and other fun stuff!
I know that Clark picked up a BIG BOX the other day, the raffle bike is in it! We have a lot of great door prizes to give away this year, plus always a couple of surprises.
The weather even looks like it is going to be good. And for those vendors who want to set up Friday night, I will be out there myself, and will be spending to night there. Thanks, John.

Alright!...another camper...Marty,myself & maybe Jon B. will spend the night as well. Riviera Rich will stay late to help with set-up. John,if Angie can get your money back on that bullhorn have her do so. We have a real good one at Weird Stuff we can use for free. If y'all thought last year's raffle bike was KOOL,get set to have your collective minds BLOWN when you see this year's bike! Clark & John have once again
(with the sponsors of course) have a TRUCK LOAD of door prizes,food & goodies for vendors & participants. Never have I been to a swap
where the vendors are so well cared for. Kool bikes,great local art,music,fun for the kids....what more could you ask for? Folks...I've said it before & I'll say it again...THIS IS A "DO NOT MISS" EVENT!!! You know you'll be kicking yourself later if you don't,so COME ON DOWN!!!
See y'all there...Pappy 8)

Pappy, thanks for the info on the bull horn. I may just want to keep the one she bought today. I can think of all sorts of things that I can use it for, and think of all the ways to irritate Jon B with it! Plus, she paid for it!

OK pal...maybe I'll bring ours anyway so we can have a serious shouting match!...P 8)

Oh my! What do we have here?

100_1235[1] by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Good evening all! Clark here! I’m using John’s RRB account for a bit to post some pics and updates as I’m having some IT issues.

I have a sponsor who has purchased our “giveaway” raffle bike! I hope with a little bit of luck [and time] John can get it assembled soon. Last year, we raffled off a Huffy, Panama Jack. It was an extremely popular bicycle with some cool features.

Like last year, ticketing will be as follows:

$1 will get you, 1 raffle ticket
$5 will get you, 6 raffle tickets
… and for the generous [and most adventuresome] donors $20 will get you, a total of 26 raffle tickets.

Remember, ALL proceeds are to be donated to the (Not For Profit) Blue Springs Arts Council.

Anyone care to guess what the bicycle model is in the box? Please no wagering! It’s kind of obvious, huh? LOL. Anyone care to put a bid in as to what they would like to see for next years bike? I figured I’d ask while we were all here…

Also, and this is kind of odd… Several people have spoken by laying claim to the box the bicycle came in! So, it has been suggested that we raffle off the bicycle box too. Is that tooooo weird? LOL. I don’t know, but tell me your thoughts on that idea. Much appreciated.

Stay tuned the next couple of days with more updates.

Clark

Yes, I will take a picture [or two] of the raffle bicycle tomorrow... John says he will have it assembled.

Clark

Just as a reminder...

-This swap meet is open to all types of bicycles and anything transportation related.
-We have door prizes, and cool ones at that, to giveaway throughout the day.
-We have a 50/50 raffle.
-We have the raffle bike to giveaway.
-We have a show-n-shine area, the winner getting a $25 dollar gift certificate. There were some really, really cool bike entered last year too, BTW.
-And it was near 5:00 PM when a few of us participated in a bicycle crawl to downtown Blue Springs to get some ice cream. So, after the raffle bike is given away, go home rest a bit or do some chores, grab yourself an early dinner, and come back to ride for ice cream.

Don't forget the Little Blue River Art Festival hosted by the Blue Springs Art Council... I think there's a little something for everyone.

Clark

Latest posts

Back