Blues Brothers Bike. Done in jail. BLUESSICAL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have seen the light!!!!! Rat rod bikes build off 12, build off 12, build off 12!!!!!!. My chance to be in the rat Rod Bike build off has finally come. The vision that I have had in my head for several years will finally come out and be a reality. My blues Brothers theme Rat Rod Bike.. I am going to start off with this beat up Rusty twisted up Hawthorne Montgomery wards heavyweight frame. Seeing how the blues Brothers are two This bike will have two of everything. I'm going to use a oldschool repop Monark dual springer fork. I am going to have dual disc brakes on the front. Disk brakes on each side of the wheel that will work. Now the really hard part. The dual drive train. There will be a crank and a chain on both sides of this bike with rear free wheels. Yes a dual driver. A rear brake on a pivot set up that will drag on the center of the rear tire. Going to have lots of cool accents that will complement music and things in the movie. Lots of fabrication and brain storming to do to make this come to light. Follow my post on ratrodbikes.com. Now let's get building. Where on a mission from God.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I have seen the light!!!!! Rat rod bikes build off 12, build off 12, build off 12!!!!!!. My chance to be in the rat Rod Bike build off has finally come. The vision that I have had in my head for several years will finally come out and be a reality. My blues Brothers theme Rat Rod Bike.. I am going to start off with this beat up Rusty twisted up Hawthorne Montgomery wards heavyweight frame. Seeing how the blues Brothers are two This bike will have two of everything. I'm going to use a oldschool repop Monark dual springer fork. I am going to have dual disc brakes on the front. Disk brakes on each side of the wheel that will work. Now the really hard part. The dual drive train. There will be a crank and a chain on both sides of this bike with rear free wheels. Yes a dual driver. A rear brake on a pivot set up that will drag on the center of the rear tire. Going to have lots of cool accents that will complement music and things in the movie. Lots of fabrication and brain storming to do to make this come to light. Follow my post on ratrodbikes.com. Now let's get building. Where on a mission from God.View attachment 50233 View attachment 50234

I thought it was going to be an old "cop" bike with cop steering, cop breaks, cop pedals, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can dig it :cool2:, thats a cool bike to be starting with.

Some progress was made on the ratrodbikes.com build off 12 Blues Brothers bike. After a small parts order. Then some dismantling of all the old rusty bent parts. My dual repop Monark springer. " cop shocks" and the tank I got from my Midwest hommie Randy Ivers. Got installed. I also bought a bottom bracket that gives me the option to go with a 3 peace crank. Seeing how I'm going to be running a dual drive train. Yes crank and chain on both sides. I need to be able to put a drive crank on both sides. Next will be trying to figure out how to make the dual drive train and to make it work. To be continued
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I just sat down to a cool water sandwich and a Sunday-go-
to-meetin' bun...bow, bow, bow..............can't wait to bounce this build off a wall...bow, bow, bow

ThAt dual drivetrain thing has been bonding around in my head for a while too . Can't wait to see it in action [emoji1303]

Last edited:
I have seen bmx guys do dual drivetrains on their bikes back in the day when the left side drive stuff hit the market. They had rear hubs threaded on both sides, one side normal the other reverse thread, for the right and left side drive freewheels. That in combination with a set of cranks meant to be used for both R & L drives, and two chains/chainrings. The only issue I see with your setup is the need to run a tandem crank, with the non drive side pedal threads being reverse threaded and still have provisions for a chainring . It may not be an issue, but the reason they reversed the threads on the non drive side is to prevent the pedal from backing out while pedalling. Like I said, may not be an issue for you but...

keep the rubber side down!

What if you converted to a 3 price crank . You would just have to figure out the left side , you could possibly just weld the sprocket to the axel .

What if you just fool us, and make the rear cog spin on a bushing! Just don't take any closeup pics. Problem solved!

Latest posts

Back