BM-Xray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
6cc3ebd5cc6cb8accf1335d74182c523.jpg

Complete....
I posted a completed thread in the Journal Section, but either this thread is new or I didn’t see it, so I guess I’ll post again here...
The bike I built for my sons 9th Birthday. A 1966 Schwinn Stingray which I believe was a 5 Speed once upon a time due the the rear brake bracket. Had a “Tuff” time with the wheels, as they were hard to find, I wanted a coaster brake. I purchased 3 rear wheels. The first one on eBay, the second on Amazon. Both of these sellers couldn’t deliver then had to wait for refunds....
The third rear wheel was purchased on eBay. It is an old Tuff Wheel from the Eighties. If ya look closely the front and rear don’t match....
The front is the new version.
I had great luck with all the other parts especially the handle bars! I tried looking for a second one but to no avail. Received a couple discounts or partial refunds on shipping from some real decent eBay sellers too!
BMX/Stingray: BM-Xray
Thanks for the compliments and replies on the earlier posts.
de4e68b5fc4f0eb047a62bcb14eba658.jpg

f9ae32c2769cd3ede8c8ccbe5fb6209d.jpg

1853a47c2f486dcd0f2bf42e3d991ceb.jpg

a474cd8f9cbdd593a3efdae64270a720.jpg

07e66ce3ab15bbd649a77bbf5188aa78.jpg

5e4a0f7ce512d6f8d855ccc0057c6367.jpg

475c1ef6935e3673c4bc481be86b7663.jpg

ffc8261e68f66f33fca0582583eea191.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Really like the rugged, knobby tires and the black on copper patina frame!

One thing to note, make sure you have your best photo right at the top of this Finished Bikes thread. So , you can edit and then splice in the best shot of your bike right above your first paragraph of description. That is the photo that will be used in the Voting Booth once the build off is over. Another thing that is common for the Finished thread, is to include a link to your build thread so people can see the step by step process of how it was done.

Personally, I'd use this photo as your header:
finalphoto for trick.jpg

Nice build.. Whenever I see the old Stingrays with the Schwinn decal worn off the frame I think that the kid that owned it probably had a paper route and the decal got worn off from those canvas news paper bags. That theory doesn't totally fit this frame because if it had a frame shifter it wouldn't have had a Schwinn decal on the frame - I was just referring to other original paint bikes that I see.. BTW, only 3 speed Stingrays in 66, but there was a 5 speed Fastback Stingray.

Last edited:
Really like the rugged, knobby tires and the black on copper patina frame!

One thing to note, make sure you have your best photo right at the top of this Finished Bikes thread. So , you can edit and then splice in the best shot of your bike right above your first paragraph of description. That is the photo that will be used in the Voting Booth once the build off is over. Another thing that is common for the Finished thread, is to include a link to your build thread so people can see the step by step process of how it was done.

Personally, I'd use this photo as your header:
View attachment 125385

Thanks I’ll do that!

survivor-vintage-1966-2-coppertone_1_259b274a43cfb547b8ae040e180d1f42.jpg

I did an Ancestry.Com search and discovered that your bike was born in Chicago and probably originally looked like this, since it has rear break mount and there's no Schwinn decal on top frame tube. ;)

Last edited:
The copper and black POPS !! really cool build.

Oooh nice! Ancestry dot com sure is on top of it[emoji13]
Thanks for the cool post!!

Great rugged coppertone!
That smile is the trophy on this one!
CONGRATS!

Latest posts

Back