BMX chop/stretch/rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the shed, close to the beach, QLD, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heeeeeelloo! :acute:
Remember me?

Probably not....only made a brief appearance, posted a load of crap and then disappeared.....

Aaaaaaaaanyway, it just so happened that in between the 20 things I was doing, the 30 things I was planning to do and the 40 things I SHOULD be doing, I tripped over this ol BMX

RNdmcRg.png

And, you know, that part of the brain started ticking over, and before I knew it I was in the shed, grinder in one hand, beer in the other and welder in.....the.....third.....

Um

Moving right along and all of a sudden.....

wOMk6vB.png

Yeh well that's ok I guess.
It won't ride very well like that though.....

I really need to lengthen the frame, change the fork rake, move the seat back......
BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT RIGHT NOW

(7 minutes later - bike cut in half)

A few bits of pipe and tube here and there, new seat fitted, ridiculous handlebars constructed, more beer consumed....IT'S ALIIIIIIVEEEEEE!!!!
:rockout:

OMG it's hideous.

r8QZXSn.png

One wobbly maiden voyage around the backyard later and a smug grin appeared.
Oh well yeah you know,.......with some slightly less ridiculous handlebars this thing might even be rideable.....

:grin:

Hey guys thanks for the comments.
:)

Yeh it's a bit of a weird one but had fun building it.
It all came together very easy really and I had all the bits and pieces laying around on my scrap pile.

I just eyeballed the whole thing more or less and it's fairly straight.
Good enough anyway haha.

I make and sell rusty metal art and garden ornaments at the local markets so might take it with me and show it off.
Should turn a few heads.

:grin:

Heck yeah, I remember you! It is hard to forget a builder who's only limit is his imagination! Love the Extreme BMX bike!

Aaaah hello Big Ape :113:

Your sig still makes me laugh
:bigsmile:

Yeeeeesssss I still need to finish the Rat Poison chopper which has got a nice ratty patina by now.

Just had tooooooooooo many other things on the go.
Most of them rusty ratty things.

It's good to be back on the forum again having a look at all the builds going on.

:)

Welcome back friend!

Should work ok with a bit more shaping. :)

I welded a bolt to a crossbar between the supports and have secured it with wing nuts at the moment.

It needs one more bolt half way along to pull it all in line.

ODhqzId.png

Just need to get all that paint off so it can rust haha

jRkbQEl.png

Latest posts

Back